Wampler Faux Analog Echo

I wonder how close the basic circuit is to the Faux Tape. I was never too impressed with Wampler's delays.

I wonder how close the basic circuit is to the Faux Tape. I was never too impressed with Wampler's delays.
If my memory serves me, the Faux Tape Echo is the exact same circuit as the Faux Analog Echo, but with an LFO added to modulate the delay time.

If my memory serves me, the Faux Tape Echo is the exact same circuit as the Faux Analog Echo, but with an LFO added to modulate the delay time.
Yeah, that's what I thought... It doesn't sound bad, but compared to the equivalent by Keeley or Skreddy, it's quite behind in my opinion.

The Tone control is what the others are missing that is an important feature.
MXR Carbon Copy is a classic example.
You have to buy a Standard & Dark version to achieve the same result.

The Tone control is what the others are missing that is an important feature.
MXR Carbon Copy is a classic example.
You have to buy a Standard & Dark version to achieve the same result.
Yes of course.
To my ears the EQD Disaster Transport Jr sounds better, and has a tone control. :)

Space Spiral [Dark Rift] is a fun one. No tone control, but the modulation is awesome. I debated for a while between that and the Disaster Transport, and I'm glad I built the Space Spiral. Pairs great with a Ghost Echo [Spirit Box].

...Not to say I won't still build a Disaster Transport at some point, too. Because I've got one PT2399 left burning a hole in my parts bin.

Back