What's on the workbench?

I posted these last year then forgot all about them.... With the recent tube stuff going on I thought I should probably dust them back off and see if there was any interest.

High-voltage SMPS brick
1657410807475.png

Preamp tube breakout board for prototyping/breadboarding
1657410801656.png

I’ve seen you mention before that you don’t play, and always thought it was just a self deprecating joke. Do you really not play guitar at all? What do you run the pedals thru?

I apologize if I’ve asked this before, I feel like I’ve seen the answer before but I don’t recall
I know a few cowboy chords, the same ones I learned in my teens decades ago — I have not progressed since then. 😼

I'm a little better at soldering now, though. 😸

So, how about that PedalPCB tube thinger and Power-Brick jiggedy?
I’m too poor to buy tubes 😅

I’ll make one of the power things when they’re available— exactly what I need to start a Stone Crows tribute band (OOF! Jesus… that was in bad taste)

Idk maybe I’ll make a 200v fuzz face or something 😉

A pedalpcb high voltage supply? Interesting.

Maybe two or three years ago I made a tube buffer (copy of VHT Valvulator) using one of those cheap boost converters off eBay for the high voltage, powered by a 12vdc power supply and also powering the heaters with the same 12vdc.

It worked (but was noisy) for about 5 minutes until a cap on the boost converter exploded. I got a new boost converter board but I’ve been kind of scared to try again.

I'm planning to purge this entire thread soon.

It's time to start over, 99% of this stuff ain't on the workbench anymore. :ROFLMAO:
Instead of purging it, maybe just retitle it “what’s on the workbench: Vol. 1” and archive it, and then start volume 2. Each time the current volume gets to ~50 pages, it gets archived and a new volume is added. That way the info and stuff is all still accessible

Back