What's on the workbench?

Ahhhh man, dang, and it was almost perfect.....

It'd sound great on a mandolin.... well, I mean, it couldn't hurt, right?
I still contend that David Grisman gave you a wedgy and now all mandolins must suffer. This picture was taken right after "the event".

1790710237194.png

Then again, the String Cheese Incident does exist, which is more than enough reason to distrust a mandolin...
 
Did you hear about the Nashville session mando player who had his car broken into? Was grabbing a quick lunch between the 10 and 2 session and someone busted his back window out. Concerned about his mandolin, he ran over to the car and found that not only was it still there, the perp had thrown a second mandolin through his window.
 
Next revision of my Electra lab. Built a prior rev but this one has better control layout, I went from three transistor modes to two and got rid of a rotary. Also added a comparator for a bias indicator sort of like how the KingTone mini fuzz v2 works. This has been such a fun experiment. There are thousands of tones in this box and none of them are bad.

Robert, you tracing this? Doesn't look like your workbench.
1790769625883.jpeg
 
The thread title is admittedly misleading. It's posed as a question being asked by the forum admin. The fact that it's a rhetorical question is only realized after spending 10 minutes reading thru the thread.

We could change the title to "This is what's on MY workbench mf"
 
The thread title is admittedly misleading. It's posed as a question being asked by the forum admin. The fact that it's a rhetorical question is only realized after spending 10 minutes reading thru the thread.

We could change the title to "This is what's on MY workbench mf"
I would prefer it be something along the lines of " bits Robert is flicking in his basement--flick your bits in your own thread" or "sneak peak of PCBs that may or may not be released in the next 3-72 months unless it's the feedbacker or parametric eq"

It really is a right of passage for new members though. Though we may get more PCBs if they would stop cluttering his bench. I can only imagine Robert can rarely find his 10mm with all these strangers occupying the bench in the wee hours of the morning.
 
Maybe I'll post something I'm working on in this thread, for old times' sake

two-old-hillbillies-chatting.jpg
 
Back
Top