Where can I buy a box for a 1590B size pedal?

HamishR

I want to be able to box some 1590B pedals to post, etc. I've bought pedals which have come in a fairly generic mailer style box which fits a 1590B sized pedal perfectly. But I can't find where you get them from. Any suggestions? Bonus points if you know somewhere which is either in Australia or which ships inexpensively to Australia! I have found plenty of boxes which are nearly the right size but nothing which is exactly right. I have a Menatone pedal which has a box sized around 145mm x 85mm x 55mm. That would be lovely.

The tricky thing I've found about boxes is that the places that make them require large minimum orders. Not a problem if you're shipping a lot of stuff, but for just a handful it can be a pain. I use Uline in the states and they're reasonable, plus they have a warehouse a couple hours from my house so I often get deliveries next day. But they don't ship internationally without a freight forwarder.

Doing a quick search it looks like there are a couple options in your part of the world, but again, minimum order quantities are a killer. I found this one from Packqueen that looks like a good size, but you have to order at least 100: https://www.packqueen.com.au/700-23590-MAIN Also looks like Stanley packaging in Victoria has some good options like this one https://www.stanleypackaging.com.au/product/100pcs-full-white-150x-100-x-75mm-diecut-mailing-box/

I tried to buy some from Antique Electronics (tubesandmore.com) but the shipping to Australia cost more than the boxes would have. And I was going to buy 50!

Don't know how stompbox parts is on shipping to Australia but that's where I've been buying boxes
Forget it, Stompbox Parts will only use inflated shipping options like Fedex, UPS, Priority Shipping .
I had a discussion with the Stombox Member on here & their niche is USA only!
I have the PM if he disputes this!

Yeah some places in the US are quoting outrageous shipping prices. It may be out of their hands but the shipping cost is prohibitive for a lot of stuff. Yet other stores are charging perfectly reasonably shipping. It's all a mystery to me.

Some of it is out of their hands. Doesn’t matter where, but anything I send outside EU is €15 minimum! That stings when I get stuff from China for €3 shipping!

• Wow
Reactions: fig
It was going to cost over US$100 for $50 worth of boxes. Yikes!

Do you need the boxes for a commercial product? You might want to see if something like Stickermule or another custom packaging provider more local to you is a solution. If you have to shell out the cash, you might as well get a custom box!

I would look at other options. If you are looking for a 5x3x3 box why does it have to be made for a pedal specifically.

That was like 20 seconds on google to find those two options. I’m sure there is something like Uline in Australia.

I’m sure this is what stompboxparts are buying and then just taking their margin on top.

Reactions: fig
Back