Will this work as a stand alone buffer?

I have built this circuit twice and keep getting a very loud buzzing (loud enough to drown out any guitar signal, if in fact any guitar signal is actually getting through) when 9v is applied.
I've checked each transistor after I pulled them back out of the circuit and they test operational (used new ones each build, regardless). Tested continuity and voltage, and all seems to be what it should be, where it should be (down to the 9v and 4.5v points in the circuit. I have no idea what milivolt values I should be getting anywhere).

I am just starting out on my journey as an electronics technician, and have an extremely basic understanding of how these things work. I am able (have been a mechanic and an electrician), but ignorant.

I don't actually know what I specifically need from this buffer. All I know is one of the pedals on my board behaves radically if there is not a discrete buffer placed after it, I don't have room to shove another pedal in there to take advantage of its buffer, and I'm not paying over $100 for a buffer that I can build myself, and I want to use the opportunity to learn more about the circutry within the things that I enjoy.

I have built this circuit twice and keep getting a very loud buzzing (loud enough to drown out any guitar signal, if in fact any guitar signal is actually getting through) when 9v is applied.
I've checked each transistor after I pulled them back out of the circuit and they test operational (used new ones each build, regardless). Tested continuity and voltage, and all seems to be what it should be, where it should be (down to the 9v and 4.5v points in the circuit. I have no idea what milivolt values I should be getting anywhere).

I am just starting out on my journey as an electronics technician, and have an extremely basic understanding of how these things work. I am able (have been a mechanic and an electrician), but ignorant.

I don't actually know what I specifically need from this buffer. All I know is one of the pedals on my board behaves radically if there is not a discrete buffer placed after it, I don't have room to shove another pedal in there to take advantage of its buffer, and I'm not paying over $100 for a buffer that I can build myself, and I want to use the opportunity to learn more about the circutry within the things that I enjoy.
I think we would be able to help more after seeing pictures of what you have built and knowing which transistor you used and which components, how you are powering it, etc.

Reactions: spi
Back