Shika Fuzz (EQD Hizumitas)

Kroars

Wow. Just wow…. Built a couple of these last night and got to testing them around 9:00pm so unfortunately couldn’t play too loud but wow…. Used 2n3904 hfe around 280-320. Definitely my favorite EQD circuit, definitely in my top three favorite fuzz circuits. Hard to pick a favorite fuzz because they all sound a bit different and have different applications, but for your super thick, super saturated fuzz/distortion this one takes the cake for me. Makes me want to build the Elk Sustainer it’s based off of.

Attachments

• 050FF200-01FD-4FDD-884C-29FEFF1BD703.jpeg
    050FF200-01FD-4FDD-884C-29FEFF1BD703.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 0FF41857-4020-40BE-8F3D-2255D167EFC7.jpeg
    0FF41857-4020-40BE-8F3D-2255D167EFC7.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 112
Great looking build!

I know what you mean about this one. Mine is permanently on a mini breadboard.....can't risk fixing whatever I plugged in wrong to make it sound so good.

Here I am rambling about my old build on your report (classy eh?).

Great looking build! :love:

Just reporting in as well that this project is awesome. The low end on this is better than on any muff I've played before. I got a chance last night to crank it up through my 18 watt and even with the not-ideal handling of low end, it sounded glorious. I even did a short demo playing heavy rocks. I was inspired by that eqd demo video by Boris playing with this pedal. Great job!

Now I need to learn how to make a clean uv printed enclosure from Tayda for it.

Just reporting in as well that this project is awesome. The low end on this is better than on any muff I've played before. I got a chance last night to crank it up through my 18 watt and even with the not-ideal handling of low end, it sounded glorious. I even did a short demo playing heavy rocks. I was inspired by that eqd demo video by Boris playing with this pedal. Great job!

Now I need to learn how to make a clean uv printed enclosure from Tayda for it.
I just ordered a Tayda UV print (with gloss) for a purple enclosure that would look like this (circle dots are where the drill holes go). If you're interested I could send you the PDF I uploaded.

(Ignore the white outline around the artwork. I deleted that.)

Shika Fuzz CoverArtboard 1.png

Back