Kliche Mini Special Edition (but why.....?) Updated

We don't like those? (mental note: white washers...9mm pots). cat $new_sht >> $old_sht
Mikey doesn't like those......there's nothing "inherently" wrong with them, 9mm pots = equality, inclusionism and egalitarianism.

• Haha
Reactions: fig
I was just getting used to them after building both those synchro doodads. I should finish boxing those :unsure:

Your first pic looks real good, you can see the metal flakes, and the dark golden hue.
In your second pic, it does look more orange, and it looks more textured than metallic.
So it might just be a question of lighting.
Haven't used a dark gold yet, but the metallic I used so far looked great, waiting on a regular golden one now.
I've used all 3 now, I think out of all of them I like the "light" gold the best. But there's definitely some variation from batch to batch it seems.

I absolutely adore all the "sand textured" colors. All of them. The next time I order powder coated enclosures from Tayda it's probably going to be exclusively the Sand textures. I'm not doing real well with the metallic, I KEEP forgetting that you can't center punch these or they flake and chip on you. (At least with my center punch.....it's not like it's an uber center punch, just a plain Jane brass jobber.)

We don't like those? (mental note: white washers...9mm pots). cat $new_sht >> $old_sht

I'm not completely against them, they're small and they don't need dust covers, and I have absolutely nothing against white washers...

With that said, I use them when there's no other choice. If I can get a 16mm pot in there I'd prefer to do that. They're more common, not all suppliers have the 9mm (especially the B100K dual), and 16mm doesn't have the thread length issue. I have one project that has been held up for a while because we can't use a faceplate with the 9mm pots from Tayda and it really needs a faceplate.

Reactions: fig
I'm not completely against them, they're small and they don't need dust covers, and I have absolutely nothing against white washers...

With that said, I use them when there's no other choice. If I can get a 16mm pot in there I'd prefer to do that. They're more common, not all suppliers have the 9mm (especially the B100K dual), and 16mm doesn't have the thread length issue. I have one project that has been held up for a while because we can't use a faceplate with the 9mm pots from Tayda and it really needs a faceplate.
Oh I was only jabbing Michael ;)

I'm not even gonna ask what those are.......
No need to ask... Nothing nefarious... I'll tell ya anyway...

Once upon a dime...
8d31d3c56077d899b94758f25f0d2c58--vintage-poster-bizarre.jpg

And back to the future present scents...

3125-0.jpg

Or you could get regular Twizzlers...
500x500.jpg

... and cut your own nibs off.

570b15cd361e54ab71672f7bff2be625.jpg

Update:

I got my replacement 9mm pots in the mail today.
Snipped the old ones out. So the one I originally used I got from Tayda, and they did have that "nib" @Robert was talking about.
Sure enough that was what was causing my issues with getting the nuts on. I just did not notice them to snip them off. Fairly subtle but enough to make the pot not sit flush against the enclosure.

The replacement 9mm pots I got from Stompbox and they do not have the nibs. So I didn't need to do anything to them, except swap them out.
Plenty of thread to get the washer and nut on and cinched on. I placed them loosely in the board and bent the tabs down to hold them in place.
Then put it in the enclosure, tightened the nuts, then soldered the pots in the enclosure. Worked out well and now I have a functional gain pot woohooo!

This is without a doubt the most gainiest Klon I've ever heard, largely due to those ultra low Vf Mullard Ge diodes I used.
It's pretty cool!

Been chatting with @szukalski offline about the wonders of using the Kliche as a boost, which I really have not explored much.
But with the gain down to about 25% and volume about 25% it boosts both my Grover, and 5lb Bag of Gold drives very nicely.
As well as my Distortion250.

Very happy to get this resolved and didn't break or melt anything with the repair hahaha

IMG_3916.JPG

Aside from the nibs, did the 9mm pots from StompBoxParts have more threads than the ones from Tayda?

Back