New project stuff maybe?

I have the luxury of a milling machine in the shop (manual, not CNC). If I had this problem to solve, I think instead of counterboring individual holes, I might just flip the box on it's face and mill the whole inside surface down to standard thickness.

I have the luxury of a milling machine in the shop (manual, not CNC). If I had this problem to solve, I think instead of counterboring individual holes, I might just flip the box on it's face and mill the whole inside surface down to standard thickness.
On a CNC if I'm milling a whole enclosure it's an extra 30 seconds of work to program in counterbores with the same center point as the holes and maybe an extra couple minutes of milling, I would be more likely to go the counterbore route.

All this is currently moot for me as I don't yet have a jig big enough to hold a 1590DD, so that would probably be the precursor to solving this problem.

Revised boards are 64% finished in fabrication, which is a little frustrating because everything else is finished and now the Uberschall is holding everything else up :confused: I'm not surprised, this is what they said would happen, I'm just impatient.

Not really a problem assuming you have a drill with a collet big enough to handle 12mm.

If you look at the dimensions of the bits @Paradox916 posted though the M6 one has an 11mm blade diameter and the M8 has a 14mm blade diameter. Those would certainly do the trick.

I misplaced my calipers so I still haven't measured the walls of this enclosure I have on hand. Next week I'll be less stressed and have more free time, I'll try to get stuff done. My band's EP just dropped today and we're playing a release party tomorrow, so naturally my guitarist's rig died. The venue has a backline amp so he can use that, but he uses a Victory V4 preamp for most of his tones and it's on the fritz right now, so I'm building him a Black Eye to use in its place.

So if you're in the Chicago area (*cough* @jhaneyzz and @Gordo *cough*) I'm going to be playing Montrose Saloon in Chicago saturday night, doors at 6:30, first band at 7:00, we go on at 9:00.

I'll check my schedule and see if I can make Saturday work downtown. If Gordo hasn't had his fill of my company from our Guitar Geekfest & Talent Barter he might be interested as well.

And FYI...

I literally have my Black Eye right here on my board and I'm like 3 miles from you, so there is that option..

IMG_0115.jpg

I'll check my schedule and see if I can make Saturday work downtown. If Gordo hasn't had his fill of my company from our Guitar Geekfest & Talent Barter he might be interested as well.
Too late, it was last Saturday :p We are playing again this Thursday at the unsigned artist showcase at Artifact Events downtown, but traffic around there is always garbage so I wouldn't fault you for not coming.

379467345_1196959597909657_2335735142654412615_n.jpg

And FYI...

I literally have my Black Eye right here on my board and I'm like 3 miles from you, so there is that option..

View attachment 56724
Where did you get the washer for the footswitch on the blackeye? those are sick

Where did you get the washer for the footswitch on the blackeye? those are sick
They're called Serrated Washers. I use 12mm Stainless version. They're a little large for the shaft of the switch so I put a wrap of solder wire as a bushing to kinda keep it centered.

Back