New project stuff maybe?

So the $$$ question what are you asking for one of these PCBs?
I figured that would come up. I actually ordered enough on this batch that I can start selling them, but the enclosure issue is the complicated bit. Because the Tayda enclosures are too thick your choices are either get one of those and counterbore it yourself or buy a milled and counterbored enclosure from me.

So for the PCBs I'm thinking $32 (they're very large 6-layer PCBs that will include 6 daughter boards). I'll have to think about what I would charge for enclosures. There's setup time + my power bill (takes 2 hours to mill one of these) + consumables (lubrication, wear and tear on bits, etc). Maybe $25 for an enclosure? I hate this part because I need to make money or it doesn't make sense for me to spend time on things, but I also want things to be reasonably priced. I guess PCB + enclosure is still cheaper than buying 4 tubes though.

4 TUBES??? IN THIS ECONOMY???

I figured that would come up. I actually ordered enough on this batch that I can start selling them, but the enclosure issue is the complicated bit. Because the Tayda enclosures are too thick your choices are either get one of those and counterbore it yourself or buy a milled and counterbored enclosure from me.

So for the PCBs I'm thinking $32 (they're very large 6-layer PCBs that will include 6 daughter boards). I'll have to think about what I would charge for enclosures. There's setup time + my power bill (takes 2 hours to mill one of these) + consumables (lubrication, wear and tear on bits, etc). Maybe $25 for an enclosure? I hate this part because I need to make money or it doesn't make sense for me to spend time on things, but I also want things to be reasonably priced. I guess PCB + enclosure is still cheaper than buying 4 tubes though.

Folks here understand these boards and enclosures are top shelf stuff and also recognize the value in your time. Plus dealing with Jeff. : ^ )

Well considering it’s two independent channel tube preamp of a complex and arguably one of the most notorious hi gain circuits; I don’t think anyone in their right mind is going to expect it to be a $12 pcb, it’s a project that someone has to really want, definitely isn’t for the noob that has a hard time getting a TS to work and complains about the price 🤣

$25 is quite reasonable I think, considering all the effort!
Curious though, would you consider selling a "finished enclosure" option at a higher price? I absolutely adore the pink "Live, Laugh, Love" design you've got going there. :)
No promises, but I'll think about it.

Do you mind posting the parts list so we can see what needs to be ordered?
Sure thing. I don't really want to do a full build instructions for this one, so I may just give you a BOM and a schematic and a couple pointers then tell you to go for it. If you've never built a Sushi Box/C2C pedal before, this is a terrible one to start with, so hopefully you should be able to figure it out based on what you know of the others.

Sure thing. I don't really want to do a full build instructions for this one, so I may just give you a BOM and a schematic and a couple pointers then tell you to go for it. If you've never built a Sushi Box/C2C pedal before, this is a terrible one to start with, so hopefully you should be able to figure it out based on what you know of the others.

What is the minimum requirement for Power Supply?

Oh man, it's a lot. Let me go measure it.

EDIT: with all the LEDs on it's pulling 855mA on a 9.4V supply. While the tubes were warming up it spiked around 1.7A (it's a benchtop supply with a lot of headroom for current), but you can probably get away with 1A or so.
so, with standard multi tap supplies...turn this 1 on 1st, got it! Would going for Smurfsonic on the blue be a tidge to far? :unsure:

so, with standard multi tap supplies...turn this 1 on 1st, got it! Would going for Smurfsonic on the blue be a tidge to far? :unsure:
Smurfsonic would be excellent, I approve :cool:

For a multi-tap supply you would almost definitely need a current doubler cable (which aren't hard to make if you don't have one) where you connect two taps in parallel. Something like a Cioks brick would be able to give you 1320mA @ 9V that way, which would be great.

Back