Random pix

BclcyrY.jpg

Yes Southern Rhode Island thanks!
Never been to that neck of Rhode Island. If I did it would have been when I was a youngster. My Grandfather lived in RI, but you might as well be part of Fall River ;)

Here's a picture of my Grandfather he is in the background smiling and not the person staring ;) This was taken at Lincoln Park in Dartmouth, MA and he use to play at Rocky Point in Warwick as well. Places are long gone...

BTW I don't have nearly the music ability my grandfather had.. I got his mechanical ability, but that's about it.

0G3vcPW.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 11790

It's a black sand beach, but the sand isn't particularly black today.
Great mood-invoking pic.

Hac Sa Beach in Macau is another black-sand beach. All my photos of it are film based; someday I'll have to digitise my old pics. I miss the mystery of film: "Did I get the shot? Did it/will it turn out?" Messed with B&W in the darkroom, but never colour...

"The Lantern Bug. Found across the Asian tropics, the lantern bug (Pyrops candelaria) is a weird and wonderful insect: it has a head that extends into a hollow structure resembling a rhino horn, often nearly as large as its body, six legs, extremely varied and brilliant contrasting colours, the mouth of a mosquito, and often stays for generations on the same tree. Its fantastic appearance is matched by the myth that the head structure is luminous at night." — caption SCMP — pic is mine.

I've got a few more pics of Lantern bugs, they like to hang out on our window-screens when the window's open. The pic above was taken with my old phone, not nearly as adept as my new phone. Maybe it's just the one bug that always hangs out, I've only ever seen one at a time.
I miss my Minolta X-700 — not the greatest camera but it lasted for 3+ decades; I miss film.

Lantern bug looks like it has a huge proboscis...

Are there any black sand beaches in the mainland USA? I know Hawaii has some.
You know I’m not sure and to be honest I have no good reason why I just assumed it had to be from the US haha I was looking at the trees and glossed over the black sand part.

Reactions: fig
Back