Random pix

I've shoot only one Kodachrome roll before they stopped producing and developing it. I was a Velvia addict.

Reactions: fig
I see it, but you cannot? Odd. A third observation would be more conclusive. Anyone?

Could be my hobby that's questionable? I suppose kite flying is probably illegal in some countries, *sigh*.

I fly kites too :). 4 liners, paraglider type, soft wing. I'm not a frequent flyer though.

• Love
Reactions: fig
I have a 3m I use with a land board. When the wind is right, and the beach is clear, and the tide low...I can carve a mile to the point. It's a rarity but I've been blessed a few times. I do less boarding as I age but have a sizable collection of stunt kites, mostly given to me by the greatest person in the world. I surfed when I was younger but I tend to be a dry rat nowadays. Since we live 3 hours from the coast it's infrequent (hoping that will soon change).

pure meditation.

I'm a Dutch goat gouda nut myself!

Here's me and my other hobby...

As it happens, my wife picked up some Goat Gouda earlier this week. Scrumptious on home-made molasses-bread!

No problems viewing the Kite flying.

Here we have Black Kites... Used to watch one nesting just outside my window when I worked in an office tower in Quarry Bay 37th or 39th floor...

20110113103427.JPG

South China Morning Post pic, not mine.

Got pretty close to them on a few of my MTB trails here, too. Glorious creatures...

Last edited:
Thanks.

That particular inlet is frequented by quite a few bottle-nosed with each tide. I've hovered kites above them and they'll respond. Kids and vacationers love it, as does as certain corny old dude.

Unfortunately, a lot of my favorite beaches were ransacked by hurricanes in recent years, true...historically a bulls-eye anyway but its no secret that frequency and intensity are increasing. Anyway, it's unfortunate for much bigger reasons than my kite-flying.

What you're looking at is the top half of a spare Apollo Lunar Excursion Module Descent Engine at the NASA Space Museum in Huntsville. That gizmo in the top 2/3 of the picture is a dual cavitating venturi valve. It regulates the flow of fuel and oxidizer into the engine's combustion chamber. That valve is the throttle that Neil Armstrong operated to land Apollo 11 gently on the moon. My dad designed it right after he was hired in at TRW. When we were kids, he took us into the high-bay at TRW where the first shipment of engines was ready to go. We got to touch them all. My fingerprints are on the moon!

20141022_144710.jpg

If you're even in the area, you should check it out. The have a couple of Saturn 5 rockets, a Space Shuttle, a V-2 and an SR-71. The place is littered with Saturn 5 rocket engines.

That’s so F-ing cool... I wish I would have aimed a little higher in my carrier (literally) I never worked on anything that got over 25kAGL... but here is something from the same era a transmission I rebuilt for a Bell UH1 Huey... not as cool as a rocket engine that Neil Armstrong operated... but sine we are talking about stuff that flys I have tons of pics.. C3022CF7-2766-4809-BBBF-06D7E6ABB3D1.jpeg

Back