Random Comments

If you don't already own the Deluxe Edition of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Live at the Fillmore, you're missing out. A must have for fans of Tom and The Boys. If you're not a Tom Petty fan, this 4 CD set could make you a convert. So many gems, including Theme from Goldfinger, Eight Miles High with Roger McGuinn, Boogie Chillun with John Lee Hooker and the rare B-side Girl on LSD. I'm not exaggerating when is say this one sits at the top of the list of best live rock recordings.

My biggest Tom Petty regret is I only got to see them once. It was at the beginning of their illustrious career when they opened for Nektar at the Santa Monica Civic on 7-Nov-1977.

Correction: the live version of Girl on LSD is on the Deluxe Edition of Wildflowers and All The Rest.

Last edited:
My biggest Tom Petty regret is I only got to see them once. It was at the beginning of their illustrious career when they opened for Nektar at the Santa Monica Civic on 7-Nov-1977.
That’s quite the interesting pairing! A southern jangle rock legend opening for an English psychedelic prog group. That would be just around the time frame that a relative of mine was in the band— I don’t know if it’s personal bias, but I think that era of Nektar (magic is a child) doesn’t really get the credit it deserves. I mean, Robert Fripp played on it a little bit, so it’s gotta be a decent album!

Back