Random pix

I'd go 6 hours marinade, max.

I once had shrimp pasta for lunch, couldn't finish it, stuck it in the fridge and finished it for supper...
Sickest I've ever been: 3 days in bed fighting to stay awake because sleep meant waking up feeling like crap and rushing to the WC for same and puking. Horrific aches, pains.

Know where "they" got neurotoxins from? Developed from shellfish — I once helped a friend do research for his screenplay...
One bad shrimp and your entire nervous system is under attack.

Six hrs, max.

YMMV.

Reactions: fig
I'd go 6 hours marinade, max.

I once had shrimp pasta for lunch, couldn't finish it, stuck it in the fridge and finished it for supper...
Sickest I've ever been: 3 days in bed fighting to stay awake because sleep meant waking up feeling like crap and rushing to the WC for same and puking. Horrific aches, pains.

Know where "they" got neurotoxins from? Developed from shellfish — I once helped a friend do research for his screenplay...
One bad shrimp and your entire nervous system is under attack.

Six hrs, max.

YMMV.
Isn't that what the vinegar is for?
I've made this stuff and ate it for 2-3 days

Isn't that what the vinegar is for?
I've made this stuff and ate it for 2-3 days
Yeah, that's the pickle factor; but the fear of another 3 days of puking and shaking in bed is the pucker factor.
I'd hate for anybody to go through that experience.

I've been less sick from other foods-gone-bad, and refuse to eat them ever since; but despite my experience I still love eating shrimp. Rightly or wrongly, I'm just overly cautious now, that's all.

I pickle my own eggs in Tabasco-olive brine, and I'll leave those eggs pickling in the fridge for months... Two to three is optimum, after that the eggs aren't going to get any more saturated. A few weeks isn't really enough, though, IMO.

Oh, and I'm definitely going to try your marinated shrimp recipe!

My best friend lives near Houston, but his kids wanted to go with their friends to a weeklong summer camp in Montana. Met my buddy in Missoula, and after we dropped off the boys, hit the road for a nearly 3,000 mile, 5-state ramble.

These are my two favorite pics for contrast. The first one is from a daybreak hike off Going to the Sun road in Glacier National Park. The second is from the Bonneville Salt Flats in western Utah near the Nevada border. I knew Glacier would be amazing, but the Salt Flats surprised me - like another planet. It was like driving my VW Passat onto Rigel 7 or something.

Glacier.jpg

Salt-Flats.jpg

SPOCK: Captain, sensors indicate an unlikely life-form on Rigel-7.
MCCOY: Speak English you green-blooded hobgoblin!
KIRK: Who is it Spock?
SPOCK: It's Zaius sir.
KIRK: Isn't he from Earth?
SPOCK: Not yet, no.
DOC BROWN: Great Scott Marty! We've got to fix this!

SPOCK: Captain, sensors indicate an unlikely life-form on Rigel-7.
MCCOY: Speak English you green-blooded hobgoblin!
KIRK: Who is it Spock?
SPOCK: It's Zaius sir.
KIRK: Isn't he from Earth?
SPOCK: Not yet, no.
DOC BROWN: Great Scott Marty! We've got to fix this!
C3PO: "R2, you're going to get us lost again!"

• Haha
Reactions: fig
Back