Derailer

Ridiculously clean! I noped out and bought the faceplate when building mine. The thought of drilling and labelling all the controls caused me anxiety. haha. You executed it perfectly. Well done.

Ridiculously clean! I noped out and bought the faceplate when building mine. The thought of drilling and labelling all the controls caused me anxiety. haha. You executed it perfectly. Well done.
Thanks, I appreciate that! Me too actually, I definitely took my time. Did the layout in photoshop, having a border helped make everything neat and straight. I soldered the pots to the pcb first, then with the toggle switches already screwed into the enclosure, I put the pcb with pots already soldered into the enclosure then soldered the switches so it made it a lot easier.

Awesome looking and very neat build ..how does it sound ?

Mike
I'm very happy with the sound so far, only got to quickly test it with a strat last night but I'll be putting it through the paces tonight with different amps and humbucker guitars. It's very versatile and I like the amount of gain on tap. I didn't experience any unwanted oscillations or other nuances. The Brite switch can be a little noisy but so is the original and looking at the schematic it makes sense seeing what it's doing and the RC corner frequency values.

Looks great. I bought the PCB and have this in queue (although I might not get to it for a while). I really like the knobs you used.

Looks great. I bought the PCB and have this in queue (although I might not get to it for a while). I really like the knobs you used.
Thanks! Yeah I know the feeling, I have about 7 others in queue. I believe I got the knobs from smallbearelectronics but can't remember since it's been awhile and I repurposed them.

Beautiful front panel art, excellent build quality inside. I'm afraid to use the long-handle toggles, scared they're get stomped on and broken.

Back