Pharmacist overdrive

Crash102

I’m particularly proud of the paint/decal on this one. Took me forever to get it right

Went with a scarab because it’s a a Beatles pedal (or so I read)

I love gorva enclosures but they’re a really tight fit.

Yet another dirt pedal for my ever growing collection. This was a fun build

7EA2B2EF-3883-4C18-BB79-AE4FA7718301.jpeg E79EFAE9-0D13-45DA-B53F-17F9141A5882.jpeg F7C90937-3B09-4E5A-BF89-F7076097526C.jpeg 340DB25C-1993-46D4-8947-34383C2D553D.jpeg

I originally used a film decal on this and clear coat and silver foil. it ended up cracking and bunching up more and more until it looked fairly bad.
As much as i love the look of alcohol inks, I've noticed that the inks end up chipping off if i did them on a unfinished enclosure. i suspect thats the clearcoat chipping and then taking the ink with it. So i decided to rebox it. I know it wasn't really necessary. But this has been a surprising favorite of mine.

i really like how the blue and gold foil came out. Still haven't perfected the process. i suspect i need a better laminator or to put it through a few more times, but it looks sharp. Plus, the gold foil gave me the opportunity to use a few of the Marshall knobs i accidentally ordered 20 of instead of 2...

Scarab Drive 2.jpg SCARAB Drive 12-18-2022.jpg Scarab side.jpg

If you haven't built this Overdrive, i highly recommend it. For some reason its maintained a place on my board over other more popular drives. Maybe its just that it really works well with the Hizmatas fuzz clone i built. But when I use a compressor, the hizmastas clone, and this pedal with the drive and boost on, the tone just really works,

I originally used a film decal on this and clear coat and silver foil. it ended up cracking and bunching up more and more until it looked fairly bad.
As much as i love the look of alcohol inks, I've noticed that the inks end up chipping off if i did them on a unfinished enclosure. i suspect thats the clearcoat chipping and then taking the ink with it. So i decided to rebox it. I know it wasn't really necessary. But this has been a surprising favorite of mine.

i really like how the blue and gold foil came out. Still haven't perfected the process. i suspect i need a better laminator or to put it through a few more times, but it looks sharp. Plus, the gold foil gave me the opportunity to use a few of the Marshall knobs i accidentally ordered 20 of instead of 2...

View attachment 38423View attachment 38424View attachment 38425
Gives it a nice Vintage look

Back