Octarock Octave

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
My build for the Octarock Octave board by the one and only PPCB.

I've had this boxed for a few weeks now was just waiting for a couple of the IC's to arrive. This thing is super cool. It's fun on its own but it's even more fun stacked with some dirt. Everything fit great and was laid out super efficient. At first I didn't have BAT46,s so I socketed BAT41s. I ended up ordering the BAT46s and I think it makes a difference. Sounds fuller.

The decal got screwed up because I got impatient and applied it while the paint was apparently not fully cured. So the decal stuck a bit when applying and made it impossible to fit it correctly. Looks okay from my house.

Overall just a cool analog Octave pedal to have. I will be making a other at some point to make up for the decal boof.

Attachments

• 20230823_155611.jpg
    20230823_155611.jpg
    822 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230823_155557.jpg
    20230823_155557.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230823_155345.jpg
    20230823_155345.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 20230824_124649.jpg
    20230824_124649.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 70
Looks like a fantastic build! Good job! :)

I've got an original Foxrox Octron 3 and it's one of my favorite octave pedals for sure. I got this PCB as well and plan on building one relatively soon. If it matches my Octron 3 I'll likely just sell it and keep my clone. Kind of how it goes really. :p

I’m loving the knob and switch layout!

I really wanna hear a demo of this! Awesome build man!
Thanks dude! One of these days I'll get the recoding setup going. This one for sure is one the list to get recorded.
Looks like a fantastic build! Good job! :)

I've got an original Foxrox Octron 3 and it's one of my favorite octave pedals for sure. I got this PCB as well and plan on building one relatively soon. If it matches my Octron 3 I'll likely just sell it and keep my clone. Kind of how it goes really. :p
Thanks! I'd be very interested on how close it does match.
That looks fantastic!

My build for the Octarock Octave board by the one and only PPCB.

I've had this boxed for a few weeks now was just waiting for a couple of the IC's to arrive. This thing is super cool. It's fun on its own but it's even more fun stacked with some dirt. Everything fit great and was laid out super efficient. At first I didn't have BAT46,s so I socketed BAT41s. I ended up ordering the BAT46s and I think it makes a difference. Sounds fuller.

The decal got screwed up because I got impatient and applied it while the paint was apparently not fully cured. So the decal stuck a bit when applying and made it impossible to fit it correctly. Looks okay from my house.

Overall just a cool analog Octave pedal to have. I will be making a other at some point to make up for the decal boof.
Very clean build!

Back