Banzai disaster

Musikding has the same issues. Something's rotten in Germany and it's not the sauerkraut.

It's been a while Musikding doesn't have anymore Panasonic electrolytic capacitors and now Nichicon, too.
It's a very difficult for some of us build pedal today. All costs are increased and some components are hard to find!

It's also a tough time in Germany right now, with Covid restrictions impacting everyone, especially if you have family to look after.
If you think about the amount of inventory and manual processes to compile orders, I can definitely see room-for-error when you aren't running a huge factory-optimised process like Mouser and have orders racking up.
Add some bad inventory management systems (looking at Banzai here, MusikDing seems to be on the ball) and cracks will start to show.

I had some issues with Banzai (back-ordered when shown on stock, but the right stuff came through) which turned me off them.

Musikding has had the odd wrong/missed component, and delivery expectations aside (thanks for ruining me Amazon Prime), I have been pretty happy there as an entry point into the building hobby/addiction. I find Musikding good for complete kits, but if you are BYOC then they will be missing a few parts here and there.

Back to the OP, any updates @pi.cast ?

They have shipped the missing chips a while ago.

Unfortunately, the shipping from Germany to Italy took a ton of time, and then it got delivered while I was away.
At the moment I'm trying to find where the parcel is physically sitting for collection, as the tracking says it's in one place, and Italian posts say a different thing :censored:

What a mess

They have shipped the missing chips a while ago.

Unfortunately, the shipping from Germany to Italy took a ton of time, and then it got delivered while I was away.
At the moment I'm trying to find where the parcel is physically sitting for collection, as the tracking says it's in one place, and Italian posts say a different thing :censored:

What a mess
I never have packages delivered to me anymore. I always hijack DHL to the shop downstairs. But in Poland there's a shop on every street. Not so in Italy and then the DHL collection points are always far away.
In bocca al lupo!

Reactions: fig
Unfortunately, not a good service for a pair of reason, at least.
In my order I included some 100uF Panasonic FM, but an e-mail informed me those are in back-order. I asked about timing, but Banzai answered me «our supplier will not have stock for about a year». When I asked for an alternative, they offered me the Roederstein EKA 100uF 50V caps, but I don't think those are low impedance, just the voltage was the same (but 63v would have been a bit cheaper). When I made to them notice about the low impedance difference and I guessed the Panasonic FC series is also not available though it seemed, instead, they told me it was available. Why didn't they suggest it to me before? Low impedance and same brand.

Anyway, they didn't ask me the further cost of these alternative caps.

Some days have passed, and the Panasonic FM 100uF 50v is still available on the website.

OFF TOPIC: Which caps do you use as filter in the power section? For my high quality pedals I like to use Panasonic (FM better than FC), sometime I used Samwah low impedance (Musikding).

For filter caps, I use the random aluminum electrolytics that I get from a variety of sources and they all work fine. No need to obsess over ESR unless they are used in a charge pump, then low ESR is highly desirable.

Last edited:
I used to buy cheap electrolytic caps from Tayda. I prefer to use low impedance as filter. Just because the theory.
My old Boss PSU since two years, maybe, it's a bit ruined (the cable a bit worn and frayed) and sometime I got whine noise issue with some circuit, often fuzz pedal. I noticed that heavy filtering help: 1n5817 -> 47R, and 100uF or 220uF caps. I noticed Samwah low impedance worked fine in some situation, but Panasonic FM 100uF works better, even better than 220uF cheaper low impedance from Tayda.
I think that's a PSU issue with some circuit I built, and where my Boss had this problem a Mooer PSU of a friend of mine didn't.
Anyway, to use some nice brand caps with a reasonable price give to me some trust. (Just when I have to build some pedals for some friends, all my pedals have Tayda's caps where I don't have any whine noise!)

Hello
Another order from Banzai and another disaster. I never lost money, but today this is the risk.
I included in my order, with other stuff, this items:
- CTS potentiometer with DPDT switch. BUT the description didn't say it was full shaft, and I needed a knurled shaft.
- Cap selector switch. BUT the Ibanez selector I bought was, in picture the web site, without the cap, and there was no clue it was already included.
- Nut for the Ibanez selector. BUT it didn't fit, thought I asked before to order the nut.

I told all this to Banzai and they answered me it was ok to send these items back, replace the CTS pot and make a store credit for the nut, the cap selector and the delivery cost I paid.
All this is going on since 45 days, and until now I got a 10,20 € credit store, when items and delivery to send them back costed to me 17,61 €. And I still miss the potentiometer.
I'm waiting a new answer from Banzai.

Back