Banzai disaster

pi.cast

I’ve ordered several items from banzai. Took three weeks to ship. At shipment time I’ve been notified that four items were back-ordered.

Finally today I’ve received my order and I’ve found this. I cannot express how frustrated I am, these chips are truly expensive.

Has somebody been sent the wrong parts before? How did it work out for you?

5640F568-B83E-4C5D-964D-B0640E9C826C.jpeg

I've only ordered a couple of times, and I did get a mislabelled bag but the correct part was in it. I'm not a parts distributor (well, for profit anyway) but I know better than to reuse bags without re-labelling!

PS: If you need an MN3005 quickly, I'll send you one.

Thanks! Really appreciated. Let me see if I can sort things out with Banzai quickly.

Reactions: fig
I two was a bit disappointed that 2 of the items I had purchased were back-ordered when shipping time came, which forced me to order one of the parts elsewhere. Apart from that, I got all the right parts I ordered.

But they were quick and helpful to combine 2 other items to the same order, and to reimburse the back-order items.

Good luck!

As for backorders: Banzai is like that, their homepage is never up to date, when it comes to showing stock. Backorders are totally normal, the question is just which and how many items will be backordered. Also, they do not send you backorders, unless you tell them to do it.
Once I asked them to scrap $20 worth of backorders and just send me $30 worth of enclosures - they accepted.

Getting the wrong part happened to me too, but just a few times. They always sent the ordered part right away, no questions asked, ..... if they have it in stock :)

I placed an order 10 days ago ... still waiting for shipping (and backorder) notification .....

They replied fairly quickly saying they’re going to send me the right chips.

Finger crossed hoping it is true.
I had the same issue. They sent me only one switch when I ordered three. They responded to the email and sent the package out pretty quickly.

I've had issues with long delivery times with Banzai to the UK, but no missing items yet - although I was sent an extra Switchcraft toggle switch at one point, for some reason.

Can't recommend Retroamplis enough though, they always dispatch quickly and I've never had any issues.

Once I received two bags with three 1w resistors while I ordered two pair of three knobs. And on the label was singed the knobs.
They refund me the cost of the knobs, but I think I never will use those resistors I still have.

I was curious to see this post this morning ... I was literally wondering at this exact moment what was going on with an order I placed on Jan 21st that as not shipped yet. I emailed them two days ago and no reply yet. It's sad that they can't keep up to speed as they seem to have a decent component inventory.

Last edited:
I personally will never order again at Banzai. Some parts from an order from May 2020 where on backorder. In August 2020 I asked them when I will get the missing part. They wrote an mail in which they telling me that the missing parts are not in stock. That's it. No excuse, no money back, never heard anything from them. And they will never ever hear from me.

Same experiences here.
Order from begin July 2021 shows up end of August 2021.
In-between in mail them, and they say it's in their shipping department, then they mail back it went to a wrong postoffice (?!?).
I should have learned from that, but I ordered a few parts 5th off February 2022, same thing.
You háve to mail them if they already send it (or else they won't it seems) only then will you receive "it's in our packaging department ", then a week later you receive a tracking notification from DHL stating that "notification for pickup received.
Takes a week to finally see it's been handed to dhl.
And today I find it'ssin transit.
But checking dhl track & trace with the shipment number, it says that it's at the distribution center of country of destination, Italy..

But.. I live in the Netherlands and my address and everything is correct on the order conformation I received as well as the copy of the bill they sent via mail.

Good name for the company though..
If they keep this up they will go down burning in flames like a Japanese Zero in ww2..

Same experiences here.
Order from begin July 2021 shows up end of August 2021.
In-between in mail them, and they say it's in their shipping department, then they mail back it went to a wrong postoffice (?!?).
I should have learned from that, but I ordered a few parts 5th off February 2022, same thing.
You háve to mail them if they already send it (or else they won't it seems) only then will you receive "it's in our packaging department ", then a week later you receive a tracking notification from DHL stating that "notification for pickup received.
Takes a week to finally see it's been handed to dhl.
And today I find it'ssin transit.
But checking dhl track & trace with the shipment number, it says that it's at the distribution center of country of destination, Italy..

But.. I live in the Netherlands and my address and everything is correct on the order conformation I received as well as the copy of the bill they sent via mail.

Good name for the company though..
If they keep this up they will go down burning in flames like a Japanese Zero in ww2..

Update:

Tracking information says it at the postal distribution center in Milan, Italy.
Ready to be shipped to Germany..

Mail from banzai: something went wrong with the package..

So it travels over 1000km from Berlin to Milan, to be shipped back over 1000km again to Berlin and then to be shipped agáin over 500 km to me..

I was curious to see this post this morning ... I was literally wondering at this exact moment what was going on with an order I placed on Jan 21st that as not shipped yet. I emailed them two days ago and no reply yet. It's sad that they can't keep up to speed as they seem to have a decent component inventory.
Report - I posted a few weeks back about delays with Banzai. It took about two weeks to ship but it got here in canada in less than a week once it shipped. Every component received were as ordered. I guess i'm just used to expect orders to ship on a faster turn around but at the end of the day I received what I ordered.

Back