Tone TwEQ Suggestions

geoffrey

Hi All,

I'm sure like me, many of you have picked up some of the mod boards on offer at guitarpcb; one of which is the Tone TwEQ, an active 3 band EQ that you add to the circuit of your choice or as a stand alone.

Anyway, I feel like I've had these lying around forever and would like to give one a go, but I need help with suggestions on circuits you guys think would truly benefit from the addition of an active EQ (other than a 3 band Rat). Any ideas? Many thanks in advance.

Red Llama, Barbershop, BMPOA, DOD250/MXR-Dist+... there's virtually no limit! You could build a BAT Quantum Mystic,

Stick it in a delay's wet signal path. Try it in a REVERB's wet signal path.

Try Jack Orman's clipping diode suggestions, "AMZ TONE CLIPPERS", ie add clipping diodes to each EQ-band. I was thinking of trying:
LEDs for BASS
Si for MIDS
Schottky for TREBLE

Put two TwEQs into one box with a stomper to switch between the two and another stomper for bypass = instant two-channel preset-EQ thinger, or make a dual-channel box to EQ two different guitars (two inputs, one for each TwEQ, single output).

Stick a BAZZ FUSS in front of it, or after it, or a BAZZ FUSS in each EQ Band.

Mod it to Homebrew's "Detox" values, then squeeze that into a 1590A.

Add an MXR Micro-Amp after one.

Stick one in the 2nd path of a Chorus-pedal.

Red Llama, Barbershop, BMPOA, DOD250/MXR-Dist+... there's virtually no limit! You could build a BAT Quantum Mystic,

Stick it in a delay's wet signal path. Try it in a REVERB's wet signal path.

Try Jack Orman's clipping diode suggestions, "AMZ TONE CLIPPERS", ie add clipping diodes to each EQ-band. I was thinking of trying:
LEDs for BASS
Si for MIDS
Schottky for TREBLE

Put two TwEQs into one box with a stomper to switch between the two and another stomper for bypass = instant two-channel preset-EQ thinger, or make a dual-channel box to EQ two different guitars (two inputs, one for each TwEQ, single output).

Stick a BAZZ FUSS in front of it, or after it, or a BAZZ FUSS in each EQ Band.

Mod it to Homebrew's "Detox" values, then squeeze that into a 1590A.

Add an MXR Micro-Amp after one.

Stick one in the 2nd path of a Chorus-pedal.
As is often the case, your response well exceeded my expectations and hence I’m now super inspired. I think I have like 7 of the darn things so let’s see what I can do!

From the various sales and bundles Barry's offered, I'm sure I must have at least a half-dozen TwEQs, too!

For the BMPOA, or any Muff, you could have the TwEQ as a foot-switchable option between it and the stock Muff tone stack (and optionally the recovery stage) with/without separate output volumes — dual-channel multi-voiced Muff!

Try it before and after a Green Ringer, and please let me know if you do. Something I never got around to doing and keep meaning to.
I'm curious as to how the GR reacts to goosing certain bands before it, or is it better to drive the GR full bandwidth and tone-shape it after to pull out specific nuances...

I've read the GR needs something pushing it, whether it's a straight up boost or some form of dirt. Using the TwEQ as a boost:
Fuzz > GR > TwEQ, or is it better
TwEQ > GR > Fuzz,
Fuzz > TwEQ > GR... ?

Back