MBP Mysterioso and Wet Bar

Bio77

I'm always unenthusiastic when I start building drives but usually ends up being some of my most satisfying builds. 🤷‍♂️

A couple of MBP drives. The first is the Mysterioso, sort of a super Red Lama with two channels. Red Lama, is not really my jam, but I like the options on this one.

The second was a X-mas PIF from the Bean, the Wet Bar. Wet Bar is a Ibanez MF-5 clone. I followed the recommended mods. This one was a big surprise, I really like this pedal, I find it super articulate. Sounds like it will cut really well in a band setting.

Mysterioso is no-film on a the glow-in-the-dark Tayda enclosure.

IMG_3349.jpg IMG_3350.jpg IMG_3351.jpg IMG_3354.jpg IMG_3355.jpg IMG_3356.jpg

Hot DAMN I'm digging your Mysterioso.

Graphic, font choice, knob choice — all CHOICE!
Love where the switch is situated.

Got any pics of it glowin'?
I'm digging the Wet Bar, too. I'm planning on Dymotaping at least one build if not more, just haven't decided what,
but that Mysterioso... 😻

BTB, the Mysterioso is not so much a Red Llama, rather a clone of Blackstone Appliances Mosfet OD:

origin.jpg

The "Mysterioso" monicker is probably taken from the famous magician, Harry Blackstone Sr. His son, Harry Blackstone Jr is most notably known for his floating a lit lightbulb over the audience:

I've never compared the Blackstone schematic with a Red Llama / Tube Sound Fuzz / etc. I should 'cause
I'm a big fan of 4049UBE builds, I've got an entire document devoted to them.

I'm actually happy to hear you didn't hate the Wetbar, haha. Easily one of the worst selling projects I've done. But, I rather liked it with the couple mod ideas I came up with.

Reminds me, I'm gonna repost the pics I took when I completely destroyed my Blackstone pedal from when I traced it. What a nightmare that was!

I'm actually happy to hear you didn't hate the Wetbar, haha. Easily one of the worst selling projects I've done. But, I rather liked it with the couple mod ideas I came up with.

Reminds me, I'm gonna repost the pics I took when I completely destroyed my Blackstone pedal from when I traced it. What a nightmare that was!
Actually, really like it. I'm being forced to switch to guitar from bass in my band and it's going on my board. I have to hear it with drums and bass under, but I'm excited to have something unique. Thanks for the PIFage, BTW, you rule! 😎

@Feral Feline, going to post a pic of the glow soon. Forgot about this.

It was hard to stay still during the pic, that's why it looks grainy. Not sure how useful the Glow in the Dark is, doesn't really work unless you put it in the sun. I had to wait till today for the pic to work. Probably look cool on stage if there was a black light.
IMG_3371.jpg

It was hard to stay still during the pic, that's why it looks grainy. Not sure how useful the Glow in the Dark is, doesn't really work unless you put it in the sun. I had to wait till today for the pic to work. Probably look cool on stage if there was a black light.
View attachment 70064

Wut the ever.loving.fark. Wow! So killer.

Back