SOLVED Acetylene no sound, but boost works?!?

Rpschultz13

Just finished the Acetylene, Wampler Ace30, 30 Something.

The bypass does nothing... but the boost works?!? Looking at the schematic, I can't figure out where the boost portion connects to the rest of the cirucuit.

Suggestions?

IMG_5307.jpg

IMG_5308.jpg

1712447837364.png

Possibly the socketed resistors? Could be seeing things incorrectly here, but does the red LED next to Q have the cathode facing the transistor? Because it should be the anode facing the transistor and from the pic it looks like the side facing Q is flat.

I'm no expert, but those are 2 suspicious things that's just stuck out to me as a starting place.

Wow. Eagle eye. You are right! I'm shocked that it was that simple... and that I installed both of them backwards. I think I thought the square was +, when I should have read K as negative. Ug.

Thanks!

Wow. Eagle eye. You are right! I'm shocked that it was that simple... and that I installed both of them backwards. I think I thought the square was +, when I should have read K as negative. Ug.

Thanks!
Glad it was a simple one! I'm dozens of builds in and recently did the same thing with some LEDs. I also recently installed a toggle switch on the component side of the board and when I soldered the last pad in my entire house heard "you gotta be f***in kiddin me!" :ROFLMAO:

Glad it was a simple one! I'm dozens of builds in and recently did the same thing with some LEDs. I also recently installed a toggle switch on the component side of the board and when I soldered the last pad in my entire house heard "you gotta be f***in kiddin me!" :ROFLMAO:

Oh I know. I've lost track how many times I began soldering pots/switches on the WRONG SIDE! Ug.

Back