I think this may be an easy fix

Yalesmith

Howdy…. I am pretty sure this is a dumb question, especially for some who has built 40 or so pedals but this is the first time I built a dual footswitch pedal.

I just finished building the AT+ and it works fine and sounds great! The only issue is that the bypass does not work, meaning the pedal has no sound until the boost is engaged. Any ideas what this might be?

On a side note, the AT circuit is an underrated design, can do modern hi gain as well classic rock and everything in between. I wonder what it’s based on?

Attachments

• IMG_1088.jpeg
    IMG_1088.jpeg
    371.4 KB · Views: 20
Are you saying that even if you turn the boost off, you still have to use the boost volume to get signal? Or are you saying with the boost off you get no signal at all?

Last edited:
I am saying no volume with boost off…. Boost needs to be engaged to get any sound. Once the boost is engaged then the pedal acts as normal. It’s like when the boost is off, the dry signal goes to ground. Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks!

I agree with Spi, the AT+ is underrated because there are so many great circuits it was derived from.

Did you test the drive side and boost side separately at any time before adding the footswitches?

That'll be a problem around the boost footswitch... either the footswitch itself, a bad solder connection or solder bridge, or a damaged trace on the breakout board.
I did switch out the footswitch but not the breakout board…. I should just go ahead and do that, the board was acting a bit weird with the light switch. Now that I say it out loud it seems redicolus I did not swap it out. Thanks!!

Gentlemen,

Appears the breakout board was damaged (by me). I think it may of been soldered at an angle and when I attached to the board, then screwed it to the box something happened. I confirmed the link break…. The funny think about this, is that this was the obvious potentian cause but when ever I have an issues it is never that easy!! Lesson for me is to start with the obvious and work from there.

Thanks again guys!!

Back