Parasit Multiwave Guitar Synth and Moonn Schwurbel (PWM)

Mentaltossflycoon

I wasn't sure what to do with these two circuits. They've both been hanging around unhoused for over a year so I just crammed them together. They're not even a particularly good combo. I tried them in parallel with each other as well as with many other circuits but these two never gelled with anything in that situation. Neither leaves much of your original signal intact.

The Multiwave is interesting and I really like the "ring mod" setting but it behaves better on guitar than bass. The saw setting gives that soft synthy trumpet articulation. It's almost cheesy but in a fun way. Square is unsurprisingly just a fuzz and the triangle gives a smooth but glitchy sub. I actually prefer this one to the Multiwave mega because it's a lot easier to use. The mega makes my eyes cross. Too many options.

The schwurbel is an Escobedo Pulse Width Modulator. While it does modulate your signal, this pedal is extremely unclean and labeling it as a modulation doesn't seem right. It's a nasty little fuzz with wild to overwhelming modulation.

Neither of these are going to get a spot on my pedalboard but they're both unique, fun and deserve to be housed and ready for use. I have a feeling one of my synth player friends might find it useful.

20240622_235059.jpg
20240622_235413.jpg

Parasit Studios sure has carved a little style with his designs! It's all rather brutal and abrassive, (though I could do without all the glitchy stuff that a lot of his products produce). Was thinking of eventually buying the Corruptor and / or Xor'cist. But as your experience with the Multiwave. I might build it, but it's probably not going to see any musical use; it's all a bit bonkers and "too much" and sure as hell will put a smile on one's face, but that's all it seems to do... At least, that's how all the demos I checked came across to me.

Last edited:
Back