Basic Workflow Tips for Building a PedalPCB

Aye, but...
The problem is, bedroom / workbench volumes don't tell you what that effect is like at stage volume in the signal chain within the band mix...
I'm pro-boxing them all up, for now, but given the amount of botched drill-jobs combined with the build backlog... Maybe I should sell all my PCBs and go back to just breadboarding.

Aye, but...
The problem is, bedroom / workbench volumes don't tell you what that effect is like at stage volume in the signal chain within the band mix...
I'm pro-boxing them all up, for now, but given the amount of botched drill-jobs combined with the build backlog... Maybe I should sell all my PCBs and go back to just breadboarding.
I like to just box them all. Even the ones I don’t like. It’s just part of the fun of building to me. A lot of my builds are perfectly working pedals that just sit on a shelf most of the time. I scratched that itch.

Aye, but...
Maybe an idea for you as well: I am thinking of doing all my pedals eurorack style, and fix the guts to a 2mm aluminum sheet faceplate and screw that on a box (or, in your case, old, fucked up boxes). The power and jack holes can be standardized, so one sturdy template should be helpful in getting a uniformed style going.

Origin Effects uses this faceplate-on-a-box thing to0, though the PCBs are mounted onto the box as well. Classy as all hell.

1000063465.jpg

Last edited:
Back