some pedals as I learn

Atom ant

Hey all-just wanted to share some of the builds that I've been doing since getting into this...er...uh...hobby?
I like to hyperfocus, much to the chagrin of my wonderfully patient spouse. I decided that 2024 was going to be the year that I either finally learned guitar well enough to be satisfied with my learning and continue, or put it down forever and stop regretting all the times I've wanted to start learning but didn't for whatever reason...(other hyperfocus hobbies)

As I started researching sounds and tones, of course pedals came up, and BLAMMO. Here we are.

all that to say I love learning new things, and I've never in my life soldered, know almost nothing about electronics, and I've been really enjoying this so far. It's been super frustrating, because my learning curve in other pursuits has been much less steep, but I'm getting better, understanding more, and still have a LONG way to go.

Op amp fuzz. My first, and only I know how bad the guts are.
IMG_7156.jpg

This thing has changed the level of frustration for me. Knowing before I box that the circuit works well, eliminates so many variables for troubleshooting. So, so helpful. I suggest it to ALL beginning pedal builders. I went back and installed a pedal that I had given up on because I couldn't figure out where the problem was. Turns out, it was the circuit, so I was able to focus on that and get it working.

auditorium.jpg

Glory Hole- This is a great low-mid gain overdrive-not really my cup of tea, but sounds good at higher gain to my ears.

Gloryholeguts.jpg

Gloryhole.jpg

MDMA Overdrive-This pedal blew me away! This thing is a sleeper...the range of tones available is incredible. it gets into fuzz territory, and the mode switch changes the sound significantly. Y'all check this thing out-it's really great!

MDMA GUTS.jpg

MDMA.jpg

Anyway-Thanks to everyone here for answering my questions thus far, I'm going to have so many more...have a Fornicus and Plaid lined up next. Then we get into verbs and delays!

Sweet builds. I too have a tendency to be pretty focused on things that interest me. This has held my interest longer than most things and is pretty affordable.

Back