Resistors in series

I read about the "teepee" method of putting two in series. SMD or otherwise... Is there any best practice to this? I would think a "bridge" (the shape of a staple) formation with two hooks making the initial connection and have the two resistors stand up right, would look best.

Naamloos.jpeg

I read about the "teepee" method of putting two in series. SMD or otherwise... Is there any best practice to this? I would think a "bridge" (the shape of a staple) formation with two hooks making the initial connection and have the two resistors stand up right, would look best.

View attachment 78488
I think I've done the teepee myself when putting two resistors in series from the get go, but I don't think it really matters that much either way. If you care about the looks, do what looks best for you.

Looks good to me.

Also made me wonder at what point do the bridge-lengths become antennae?
I can't imagine a couple being a problem within an enclosure, unless it's a super-high-gain circuit.

If I remember to do so, my next high-gain build I'll socket a few resistors and experiment with lead-lengths.

Looks good to me.

Also made me wonder at what point do the bridge-lengths become antennae?
I can't imagine a couple being a problem within an enclosure, unless it's a super-high-gain circuit.

If I remember to do so, my next high-gain build I'll socket a few resistors and experiment with lead-lengths.
Everything is an antenna. But as you said unless you have a high gain circuit or poor shielding it should be fine.

Back