GCI MT-2

Erik S

It works!
It chugs!
It glows in the dark!

Brother in law requested a metal zone, so this is what he gets. Felt good to finish a pedal - it’s been a while.

The only major hiccup was that the drill template that came with the build docs has the location of the toggles in the wrong spot. You can see in the last pic where I had to move the holes down. Luckily the tab washers that came with the toggles were just big enough to cover the keyholes. I cut the tabs off so they don’t look totally heinous. Apparently the error has been noted in the GCI builders Facebook group, but I don’t do the ‘book so I missed the memo.

I got an extra board for myself. I imagine I’ll build it eventually, but I’m not in a hurry. The sounds are fun, but it’s more tweaking than I want.

89544241-8BD5-42CB-82A3-77F048C24FEF.jpeg
61F2D3A2-03FF-4050-B69F-84934BD31C03.jpeg
5A7C13A5-3B26-4C9E-BA87-7D30F3A56F0B.jpeg
862D0B01-CE1C-4562-97CE-F815320A615F.jpeg

How close does this get to the original?
I'm itching to build an MT-2, but would don't really want to take up 1590BB real estate for one.

I'm itching to build an MT-2, but would don't really want to take up 1590BB real estate for one.
Not sure - I haven't played an original in like 30 years.

Check out the demo @Guardians of the analog did for some sounds.

it sounds exactly the same minus the output buffer. I used the correct value for the pots as the values on the BOM used linear and not the correct w taper. The only other board available is from pcbguitarmania but that board is trash with errors. I don't understand the complaints about 1 1590bb size with top jacks, as the original boss has side jacks and takes up the same real estate when you factor the cable jacks in.

@Erik S good build...and as per the drill template, I noticed it but because I omitted the switches on my build I didn't have this issue. I did have to make a similar fix on the GCI new bass overdrive. DIY 🤷‍♂️

Back