Dumb Question

I think it pulls 5V from the USB for power. I hadn't tried it but think you just run from USB while programming.

FWIW, I have had mine plugged in to both at the same time and have been able to flash/play without any issues.

I tested the pedal itself and all seems ok, I am getting around 2.4 volts on the TL072 and pin 8 is at 5v.

I tested the pedal itself and all seems ok, I am getting around 2.4 volts on the TL072 and pin 8 is at 5v.
I'm sitting on the fence with a 10' Barge pole until all the Bugs & Fixes have been sorted out.
Maybe the USB micro cable needs further investigation?

I'm sitting on the fence with a 10' Barge pole until all the Bugs & Fixes have been sorted out.
Maybe the USB micro cable needs further investigation?

I used a micro usb from my nVidia Shield high quality cable. I don't see any burns on the Daisy Seed, the thing gets hot as hell to hot to touch so maybe I had a fluke. Or I could be the fluke.

The one I had that died was somewhat randomly like that as well. I assumed it was because I had just plugged it into the PCB with power applied, but I had done that at least a hundred times before with no issues.... so maybe it was just a fluke.

I still wouldn't recommend doing it. :ROFLMAO:

I had a similar issue with my daisy seed development tool not being recognized on Windows 10, so I thought I’d chime in on this old post. Sometimes, manual driver installation is needed. Check the Device Manager for driver updates, or download the drivers from the manufacturer's site if necessary.

Back