Phase II noise issue

P51994

Just finished the Phase II. It works nicely except a little "tick tick tick" noise in the background.
it looks like it corresponds to the blinks of the LED frequency.
I also noticed the leds are blinking as soon as the dc power is on even if the 3PDT swich is not on.
Any idea of that issue ? Thanks

I have a phase 90 clone (from GPCB maybe) with switchable feedback which also ticks when the feedback is on. I wonder if there is also a design flaw in this type of circuit. I also read somewhere that the ticking can be reduced by increasing the feedback resistor.

Reactions: fig
LFOs are very sensitive to clock-bleed. I built the GPCB as well. My build was pretty quiet. I used some audio-grade caps which helped reduce the issue.

Also, adjusting the trimmer slowly can yield a "sweet spot".

Just finished the Phase II. It works nicely except a little "tick tick tick" noise in the background.
it looks like it corresponds to the blinks of the LED frequency.
I also noticed the leds are blinking as soon as the dc power is on even if the 3PDT swich is not on.
Any idea of that issue ? Thanks
Another Member re routed Input Jack Wire to same side as Output Jack wire to stop Tick:

Re Rout Wire.jpg

LFOs are very sensitive to clock-bleed. I built the GPCB as well. My build was pretty quiet. I used some audio-grade caps which helped reduce the issue.

Also, adjusting the trimmer slowly can yield a "sweet spot".
LFOs are sensitive, they are the source of the tick. The rest of the circuit is the sensitive part. There are a number of methods for dealing with LFO tick. Wire routing and proper grounding are a good start. There are circuit mods that will reduce the disturbances coming out of the LFO, but let's not go there until we have to.

LFOs are sensitive, they are the source of the tick. The rest of the circuit is the sensitive part. There are a number of methods for dealing with LFO tick. Wire routing and proper grounding are a good start. There are circuit mods that will reduce the disturbances coming out of the LFO, but let's not go there until we have to.
Understood. Thank you for the clarification sir. Probably best for me to leave the troubleshooting to the experts. (y)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom