1590b Deflector

dlazzarini

Just wanted to see if I could. I could, but way too much work. Don’t think I’ll be doing that again. Great pedal with a plethora of verbs

Attachments

• 250FB01D-D8F5-425C-80AF-B4715D424460.jpeg
    250FB01D-D8F5-425C-80AF-B4715D424460.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 9D4D7A1F-76EB-4969-A9D4-B6E57ED449E9.jpeg
    9D4D7A1F-76EB-4969-A9D4-B6E57ED449E9.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 103
very nice! Yeah, I've done it for the Simulcast and Gen Tso.
A pain but I just like it better than 125.

It's sooooo close. If they were just 1-2mm smaller....

Yep sooo close. Pots are pretty cramped up. Had to do a little Taping on the buried pots. I didn’t trust them. I too love the 1590b. I have this weird ocd thing where i like my pedals all the same size with the top mounted jacks. I made a bunch of VFE pedals back to back a while ago and I think that helped condition me for the tight quarters. Peter can cram a lot of stuff in a little box

Did you have to file down the width? In the past I thought 2.25” wide boards didn’t fit in 1590B when I tried.

I dremeled the sides of the enclosure for the most part and I ran both edges of the PCB on some sandpaper just to take a little more off. Kind of a pain in the ass but I like a challenge

I dremeled the sides of the enclosure for the most part and I ran both edges of the PCB on some sandpaper just to take a little more off. Kind of a pain in the ass but I like a challenge

I've used a 2" sanding drum setup on a small drill press - and just move it (the 1590B) back and forth. Takes a while but worth it.

Looks good! Like you said, lotta work.

My mentor Arpad used to say: "If it's doable, somebody vill do it." The unspoken corollary was that doesn't necessarily make it a good idea. ;)

For sure. Little too much work. I love challenges but when it crosses that line into “too much” territory it loses its luster.

Hey nice build! As a side note, do you have a good method for stripping that ribbon cable? I have been thinking about using that stuff when the PCB is so close to the switch, as cutting individual tiny wires and stripping the is a pain in the ass. Wondering if ribbon cable might be a better, less frustrating option.

Hey nice build! As a side note, do you have a good method for stripping that ribbon cable? I have been thinking about using that stuff when the PCB is so close to the switch, as cutting individual tiny wires and stripping the is a pain in the ass. Wondering if ribbon cable might be a better, less frustrating option.

Get an automatic wire stripper like this

68EF4C3B-1795-4A5B-920D-31CF704D6591.jpeg

I just carefully strip it back with an x-acto knife at the moment. I’ve done it enough now that it goes pretty quick. I have thought about getting some strippers like the ones Nostradoomus posted, but the knife does pretty good once you practice a few. I think it’s way easier than using individual wires and I like the way it looks

I just carefully strip it back with an x-acto knife at the moment. I’ve done it enough now that it goes pretty quick. I have thought about getting some strippers like the ones Nostradoomus posted, but the knife does pretty good once you practice a few. I think it’s way easier than using individual wires and I like the way it looks
Yeah I totally like the way the ribbon looks, I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks for the info.

Back