1590lb builds

Audandash

Just thought I would ask for some fun circuits to squeeze into a 1590LB? I have quite a few that are pre-drilled for in_out_pwr. I do have room to add another jack or button in the side and a pot. So far I have done a few buffers, a bazz circuit and a blend circuit. I am open to suggestions. Here are a few pics for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_4607.jpeg
    IMG_4607.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4604.jpeg
    IMG_4604.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4586.jpeg
    IMG_4586.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4588.jpeg
    IMG_4588.jpeg
    324.2 KB · Views: 26
I built a 2 board headphone amp in one of those. I’m done with that noise. You thought 1590a was hard.
Not my box of choice for certain but I have them so I might as well try some stuff. Stacked boards haven't even appeared on my radar, lol.

Last edited:
+1 for the Delyk MINIBOARD PCBs:
  • LB8/9
  • TranqDrive ie Hermida Zen
  • Tremolololol ie EA Trem
  • Super4-LB ie Electra LovePedal derivatives IIRC
  • Green Funk ie DOD440
  • LB-Fuzz ie FuzzFace
  • CornyKloneBuff PCB ie Cornish or Klon buffer
  • Orange Juice ie Orange Squeezer
Plus Kyle's Scarlet Alpaca (WH Red Camel) should fit, maybe some of his other SMALL BOARDS such as the Beta Genesis, TimA, BuzzBox, Rdist (DOD250)... etc.

Em drive comes to mind — as simple as a BazzFuss, 5 parts but an OD of course.
If you use stereo jacks, you could make a small splitter — and then a mixer in another
Stand-alone voltage starver.
Stand-alone TapTation for connecting to various PT2399 builds such as Deep Blue Delay, Rebote, Cave Dweller etc

GuitarPCB has a nifty little board called the GBOF. Currently sold out, but I could mail you a few.
There are about a dozen projects for it listed — quite a few repeats IMO, as Barry tends to exaggerate numbers (such as listing the Mole and the Hog's Foot being counted separately but they're the same circuit — or his RATT, which his build doc lists 6 clipping options, but two of them are effectively OFF so really there's only 5 — but I digress).
You can do so much more with the GBOF than what's listed. I've laid out some crazy stuff with it where parts have spilled out onto multiple pots, daisy-chained the boards to make a bigger circuit... but again I digress (I'm good at it, digressing).
  • BAZZ FUSS
  • BMP TS / BODY
  • FUZZ FACE NPN, NPN with Bias/ PNP, PNP with bias (all FFs counted separately at GPCB :rolleyes: )
  • JD's Easy Drive
  • MEATY Meathead (CHANGE C1-47n C3-100n)
  • MOLE BASS BOOSTER-1 ( Hog's Foot ) / LPB-2 / SCREAMING BIRD
  • ONE KNOB FUZZ
  • RANGEMASTER DALLAS
  • CLASSIC FUZZ, Roger Mayer
  • TROTSKYDRIVE
  • NECKBEARD
A SHO or AMZ's booster would fit on the GBOF, the Em-drive for sure.
Emanating's Black Acid maybe...
GPCB also has the Zenith Mini — a Zen/Timmy type dealio, plus AMZ and SHO boost boards, OneKnobFuzz...

ROG
  • Omega
  • BUzzBOx
  • Grace IC
  • BIG DADDY IC
  • Multiface
  • Whisker Biscuit?
  • Cab Sim (2-JFET circuit)
  • Supreux Deux ?

Joe Davisson SIMPLE SIM cab sim
Joe Davis Antiquity Fuzz 5R, 3C, 2Q, 2D, 1Tr

Boss T-Bone

EHX
  • Satisfaction Fuzz 6R,5C, 2Q, 3D
  • Muff Fuzz Transistor 5R, 3C, 2Q, 2D
  • SCREAMING HOG : as mentioned (LPB-1 etc)

DEVI EVER
  • OK 2R, 4C, 3Q

• Electric Brown & LP EASY PEASY
LP 2 4 3
Ruby 6R4C2Q
  • Hyperion …
Hyperion 2 — 5R, 4C, 3Q
  • 
RUINER!
  • Karaoke Party 4R, 3C, 1Q – modded
  • etc

EFFECTS LAYOUT STORYBOARDIST maybies:
  • Bootlegger ie Walrus' Contraband (Bazzfuss derivative)
  • Firebolt ie EQD Bellows
  • Cranky Speaker ie EQD Speaker Cranker
  • Micro Buffer (Klon buffer)
  • Six Shooter ie Love Pedal Super6
  • Beauregard ie EQD Bows
  • Strider
  • Pissed Off Dwarf ie WH Angry Troll
  • Lawn Darts ie EQD Arrows (for sure this'll fit LB)
Even if the above ELS PCBs don't fit, the circuits mentioned are small and might work out for vero/perf/DIY-PCB

Then there's Chuck D. Bones' Express-Lane thread... 15-components or less!
(A pretty good fit for GBOF, too!)
Highly recommend checking this thread out.

Those delyk minis look promising. Thanks for all the suggestion's. At minimum looking at his layout and drill templates it’s gives me an idea of how I might make the most use of the space.

To me, the colorsound one (or in this case zero) knob fuzz and similar squeeze the most out of a very simple circuit. Put it first in the chain and your guitar's volume control can work as an effective "fuzz amount" control.

Had fun with Bentfishbowl Boot Boost and Boot Fuzz, FSFX (Fleeting Spider) Quiet Treble Boost.
Measure twice or more before execute. That the fun and joy moment.
Funny, in my country, the price of 1590LB > 1590A.

Back