2 Rats in 1

Barry

Built one of @jimilee's Dual Rats, first let me thank @southpaw-dd for taking my vague idea for the artwork and making it a reality. Not sure I care for the B taper pots especially on the Gains, they seem to instantly go from low to tear your head off, I'm building several so I may try going all A taper like the Original Rat. Speaking of Gain there is plenty on tap, not sure I would ever have a use for 2 Rats at once, but you never know. I went with the in series wiring on this one, may try the parallel scheme on a future build.

Rat Face.jpg Rat Gut.jpg

Thought this was a thread about Siamese twin drummers.
But nope, it's the Blues Brothers in the style of Ratatouille.
Sweet build. Love it when a plan comes together.
Now, bring me four fried chickens and a Coke.

That artwork is awesome. Definitely gotta have a100k for distortion knob imo. I like b100k for the tone in a Rat, even though the original ones had logarithmic pots in all three spots. Volume I can go either way.

I have a few left, yep. I put a switching jack on mine so I could run them series or parallel.
And if you can squeeze a DPDT toggle (and use closed circuit type jacks) in the enclosure you can run both series and parallel, or run them independently

Looks great @Barry! All good with the drill template? Thanks for the tip about the pot taper on the gain.
On the next batch I'm moving the DC jack up (actually down) to closer to center on the E side, it's right up in those two pots where it is.
Other than that, it was a breeze. Thanks again for the fantastic job on the UV design!

On the next batch I'm moving the DC jack up (actually down) to closer to center on the E side, it's right up in those two pots where it is.

Yes, I've learned this lesson as of late. I ordered a Kliche Mini Special box with the default PPCB Tayda north-side jack locations and it didn't work. I've started moving the jacks closer to the lid side edge on recent drill templates.

So I got around to boxing up another one of these with all A100K Pots, like it much better, but it seems to me the GE diodes and the SI diodes on the left side are reversed. The switch position GE on the left sounds like the switch position SI on the right and the Position on the left label SI seems fuzzier and has lower volume that I would expect from GE's.

Back