3d print Shika Fuzz

DailyDovetails

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
I have been reading on here for a while but haven’t posted any thing yet. This is the 4th pedal I have done but the first one that feels finished. I modeled the enclosure and knobs in Blender and printed it in PETG. I can print an enclosure in about 2-3 hours and it only cost a few dollars an enclosure. Getting the knobs the right size for the pots and the text clean is tricky tho. I haven’t tried shielding one yet. Anyone have any experience with shielding paints on non metal enclosures?

Putting it together I made a mistake on a capacitor and put a 100p where a 100n should have gone. On the board for this R21 was marked 4k7 so that what I installed but the build docs show that as a 47K. When I first when to power this on I got nothing. Then I checked all the values changed those 2 components and still nothing. I ended up having a bad transistor at Q2 it had continuity from emitter to collector. It works now and sounds much heavier than I had expected but cleans up enough with the volume knob to have a lot of usable range.

Thank you to everyone for the knowledge base you have put together here. It is allowing me to experiment with guitar pedals much more cost effectively than buying and reselling the ones I don’t like.

Attachments

• IMG_5862.jpeg
    IMG_5862.jpeg
    501.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5865.jpeg
    IMG_5865.jpeg
    437.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5864.jpeg
    IMG_5864.jpeg
    421.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5863.jpeg
    IMG_5863.jpeg
    528.2 KB · Views: 39
Great job with printing and overall design. I really like the thin copper tape that has conductive adhesive on the back—but it would be fussy with thicker rails you have along each side. No fumes, and you know you have a solid shield.

Back