DEMO "A Fig for a Kiss" (a szukalski Sheepy Love Project)

This post contains an audio or video demo

MichaelW

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
The board sounds like the title of a 007 movie..... :ROFLMAO:

Getting back to catching up on some sound demo's of pedals I've recently built.
This is the next in the series of the Sheepy Love projects from @szukalski

I'm not sure what it's based on but it's essentially a dual gain stage JFET boost with some filter/tone settings via a 24PT rotary switch.

I was impressed when I was messing with this pedal boosting other dirt pedals but man it really KILLS boosting my amp!

This might be "THE" JFET boost I've been looking for to pair up with my VHT D-Fifty. I've mentioned that my VHT is a Dumble style amp but it does not have the JFET input of some of his examples. I've been building boosts looking for the right one and this pedal might just be the ticket.

There's a toggle that switches between a single gain stage or both gain stages. (using 2x J201's for the JFETs).

In single stage mode it can be more of a subtle tone shaper into the front of the amp (or pedal). With both gain stages enabled there's a TON of boost on tap to really crush the front of an amp. The 4 different tone settings are all very useful and can help dial it in for different types of pickups or guitars.

Another really neat pedal from @szukalski !!

I initially had some issues biasing Q1, turns out I didn't quite have the SMD JFET soldered correctly. First time that's happened to me..........because........I changed my process, Instead of one drop of solder then tacking the SMD in place, I put 3 drops and tried to melt the SMD into each pad. Now that I think about it, it was prone to faulty connection because it would never be flat melting on leg at a time like that. So I cut them off, cleaned the board, and soldered some new ones on the old way and voila......

IMG_5423.JPG

IMG_5422.JPG

Back