About Tayda 3PDT

The Alphas are better quality hence why they cost more. Or at least that is the idea, I have never had any issue with the blue ones, but like K Pedals I have been buying them mostly from Love My Switches. They also sell the nice Taiway toggle switches.

Order from Lovemyswitches, my last batch I got from tayda (on a whim due to 15% off) are not working out too great. Never had an issue with BLMS.

In this last batch when you click on a pedal it will turn on but then the actuator never turns off the pedal it just springs in there until you jiggle it around to get it to catch. I bought 20 and I think 6 have had this issue so far and I still have three more to use.

In this last batch when you click on a pedal it will turn on but then the actuator never turns off the pedal it just springs in there until you jiggle it around to get it to catch. I bought 20 and I think 6 have had this issue so far and I still have three more to use.
That sucks...
I order a lot from Tayda but for some reason I’ve never tried their switches...
I’m glad now I haven’t ...

I've bought loads of the Tayda switches and never had any problems at all, except for one switch which had faulty threading for the nut. Never experienced any loud popping with them unless I left off the dropping resistor. Maybe I'm lucky?? I have bought some black ones (can't remember where from) which seem a bit nicer but not that different.

That's odd, the switches I've been getting from Tayda lately are some of the quietest I've ever used.

Same with Hamish, the only "defect" I recall having was poor threading on a nut.

I was under the impression that the blue ones were all coming from the same manufacturer. (except the ones with the sharp corners, those are awful)

I truly believe I just got a bad batch, the machine making them had a hangover or something. I love tayda for everything else but BLMS gets my love when I can.

Good to know. Tayda has really been upping their game with better quality parts so it wouldn't surprise me if they have better switches now. This was based on the blue ones I bought from them a long time ago. Compared to BLMS, they made a much louder ka-thunk when clicking.

I've used the blue Tayda switches for a while. Have experimented with one each from other brands and was never impressed enough to justify higher costs, etc.

I think they changed at some point in the past few years... I was buying them exclusively from Tayda, then I ordered several hundred from Daier and they seemed to be identical.

Once those ran out I started ordering them in small quantities from Tayda again and immediately noticed that they had less of a clunk when switching.

I don't think I've ever ordered a 3PDT from BLMS so can't compare to those.

Customers outside the US don't really have the luxury. The shipping costs at love my switches are 3 times that of tayda.

For me in new zealand it'd cost $16 economy, which they won't replace if it goes missing, so that means dhl express at $36 which is insane for 3 switches.

I've never had a bad switch from tayda in about the 30 I've ordered. No reason to change now. They've got their supply chain sorted out too.

Back