About Tayda 3PDT

Agreed - LMS have insane shipping prices to Australia and Tayda have never steered me wrong. Even when I've had to get express shipping from Tayda it's miles cheaper and gets to me in a few days.

The price of shipping from Tayda to Australia is hilarious - it's cheaper than posting stuff in Australia. And if I order over $60 or so from Mouser HK it's free, although their component prices are a lot higher than Tayda in general. But sometimes Mouser is the only place which has some stuff. I mainly use Mouser for Switchcraft jacks and Hammond enclosures. Sometimes they'll have through-hole transistors I want, such as BC550C or BC549C and if you buy in bulk it's pretty good.

If Digi-Key had decently priced switches and jacks I wouldn’t shop anywhere else. BLMS have crazy shipping costs, as much as I’d love to support them. I’ve done plenty of US/Canada shipping and there’s no way it’s that much.

Tayda switches have always worked just fine and held up quite well for me. To me though, their switches have always been a lot quieter and just "lighter" sounding. Like, when you press the switch, it feels like it takes less force to activate and it almost feels as though there's just "less". I don't know if that really makes sense - to me BLMS and others just seem to feel more substantial, more weighty, more durable, whatever - but, like I said - I haven't ever had any issues with Tayda switches either, so I don't know that they really matter.

In short, BLMS and etc switches sound and "feel" more sturdy to me, but Tayda's have never given me any trouble

Back