Acrobat Parametric Distortion

Im not sure if Im not understanding something. But how do I know which part to place where. Since the documentation is missing. Is it just in order of appearance?

Im not sure if Im not understanding something. But how do I know which part to place where. Since the documentation is missing. Is it just in order of appearance?
The .txt file in post #1 lists the parts you need for the build, with the quantity listed to the left of it.

The actual PCB has part values listed for each footprint, so that’s how you know where to put them,

The .txt file in post #1 lists the parts you need for the build, with the quantity listed to the left of it.

The actual PCB has part values listed for each footprint, so that’s how you know where to put them,
Ahhhh now I get it. Thank you very much. I assumed you somehow just had to know from that list.

Just finished building this and found the frequency and bandwidth controls to be extremely subtle - to the point of wondering if I'm just imagining any change across the sweep of either control.

Has anyone else built this and found the same?

Just finished building this and found the frequency and bandwidth controls to be extremely subtle - to the point of wondering if I'm just imagining any change across the sweep of either control.

Has anyone else built this and found the same?

It shouldn't be subtle, although it can be depending on how the controls are set. A few things that come to mind:

1) Pay attention to the Cut/Boost control. Below noon cuts, above noon boosts, but around noon the filter has very little effect. It's most prominent when the filter Boosts.

2) Dial in a sharper bandwidth (rotary full CW I believe)

3) This circuit will not work with a standard expression pedal, you'll need a dual-gang expression or an adapter to use an expression pedal

4) Ensure that the expression jack is insulated from the enclosure, check for continuity between the metal nut of the expression jack and ground.

5) Ensure that the the Frequency dual-gang pot is insulated from the back of the PCB. Electrical tape generally is not good enough.

Last edited:
Can confirm all of what what Robert said.

Also, the left footswitch activates the gain pot and clipping, and that makes everything much more obvious.

My biggest gripe with it--and maybe this is an error in my construction--it can be SUPER effing loud, strangely in the CCW/middle of the cut/boost spectrum.

Why no volume control. Dudes.

It shouldn't be subtle, although it can be depending on how the controls are set. A few things that come to mind:

1) Pay attention to the Cut/Boost control. Below noon cuts, above noon boosts, but around noon the filter has very little effect. It's most prominent when the filter Boosts.

3) This circuit will not work with a standard expression pedal, you'll need a dual-gang expression or an adapter to use an expression pedal

4) Ensure that the expression jack is insulated from the enclosure, check for continuity between the metal nut of the expression jack and ground.

5) Ensure that the the Frequency dual-gang pot is insulated from the back of the PCB. Electrical tape generally is not good enough.
Robert--what is/how to make the adapter? Is it just TS>TRS?

Thanks for that, turns out it was simpler/stupider mistake than any of that - I was using a mono jack socket for the expression input. Changed that over and now it's sounding like it should.

Back