Aion Onyx-BOSS SG-1 Slow Gear

Guardians of the analog

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
1000010902.jpg
I wasn't originally going to build this as I had already built a procrastinator. While that build worked just like the original, it was limited in range just like the original. A common mod in the diy community was to mod the pedal to have a longer swell. The mod itself is relatively simple and straightforward. Aion does a good job of explaining how to customize the swell to your needs. I ended up sticking with the values used in the build doc because I felt more extremes did not yield the best results. The longer swell times along with the stock setting take this from a one trick pony to a more versatile and musical pedal. Along with the typical violin like staccato swells, ambient like swells can be achieved with delay, reverb and other effects used simultaneously. Simple low parts count build is highly recommended. It's not perfect still, but a good alternative to this type of pedal and a lot cheaper as well.

Matte black tayda box and UV print. Black Cat on this onyx. No demo because the depression is deep right now and I have no desire to do anything, so when I get a sound clip made I will add it later.
K4z0fgU.jpg
RwZZDcj.jpg
1Kiv91L.jpeg

Ain’t nothing wrong with a tight GOTA Boss build. We’re all building Boss pedals whether we want to acknowledge the circuit source material or not. Recently did the mod to my old procrastinator build and it def does make it more versatile. Like it more on bass than guitar and it def responds better to a boosted or compressed signal in front of it. Dude, hope the weight gets lifted soon for you.

Love everything about this build, such a fun pedal I’m glad you talked me into this his one… and black cat 🥵🥵🥵.

Back