Angry Charles, amazing Marshall in a box pedal.

I am struggling to choose a MIAB project out of the available options here. I think I need to actually familiarize myself with which Marshall is the tone I am after. I am normally more of a Fender guy. The Angry Charlie certainly seems to get mentioned quite a bit.

Last edited:
I am struggling to choose a MIAB project out of the available options here. I think I need to actually familiarize myself with which Marshall is the tone I am after. I am normally more of a Fender guy. The Angry Charlie certainly seems to get mentioned quite a bit.
Angry Charlie is a classic Marshall type pedal, with 3 Band EQ. It has a lot of gain. Works really well in front of a break up, crunchy amp, also sounds good in a total clan amp. Overall it has a lot mid range and I love it for boosting an overdrive amp hard for soloing. Own a Zvex box of rock, got more transparent crispy JTM45 sounds. Different beast...

Nice build, man! Love the design! :)

I've got an Angry Charles. Well...sort of. Actually, it's the Boss JB-2 Angry Driver. Do like having both the Angry Charles and a Blues Driver all in one pedal. Pretty nice design. Might wanna look into running a Blues Driver type pedal before or after your Angry Charles. Really sounds nice both ways really. :D

Back