Antithesis Fuzz

Oh_Discordia!

I had built this a week or so ago and used a low gain Russian germanium transistor (MP20A), and a Russian diode (forget which) and it sounded good, definitely a difference as I swept from transistor to diodes (which is what I assume the diode dial is doing)

But

today I stopped at the local dump/swap and saw an old Panasonic radio up for grabs...I don't have much experience harvesting parts or know what to look for but I figured, what the hell. I found a SB176 germ transistor and a couple OA70 diodes. pulled them out and threw them into the antithesis just for kicks and its awesome!

Hfe of the transistor was about 350....I'll try to get a video up soon.

Great, now I have another obsession - hunting down old radios.

5Dj3JAj.jpg

mgYF8b8.jpg

VtXyzhs.jpg

Nice build...

I know nothing about scavenging parts, what would one look for and what would be the top price for an old electronic device in the hope of finding a few vintage transistor or diodes ?

Nice build...

I know nothing about scavenging parts, what would one look for and what would be the top price for an old electronic device in the hope of finding a few vintage transistor or diodes ?
I stick to grabbing any audio type device that looks to be from the 70s or older. My local recycling center has a free swap shed where people leave any usable item and everything is free! So I haven’t spent $ on harvesting stuff yet

Back