Any idea what board this is?

igogusto

Picked up a used od/fuzz pedal. I was trying to figure out what board it was. I searched all of pedalpcb's boards and could not locate it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20231217_201334.jpg
    20231217_201334.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 68
It's probably an older board. On the underside of the board should be the PCB number. Just search for that here.
Thanks for the quick response! I didn't know if it was printed on the other side. I'm a little apprehensive about taking it apart. I don't know much about pedals, but want to learn. Thanks!

Depends what you have and what you want to build? Booster, fuzz, EQ? We can point you in the right direction.

1702932999067.jpeg
Any of the small NPN fuzz circuits (sandspur, kazoo, two sticks of derm) are a good start, as well as your basic Rat (Muroidea), or any Electra based ODs (special k), or the El Sol.

Thanks Luke! Appreciate everyone's responses. Looking forward to building a pedal soon. I have some decent soldering skills, what's a good first pedal to build?
You have two approaches...

Build what you want, or need approach
Select carefully the sound you're after, find what the best pedal for the sound is, do a quick cost/benefit of cost to build vs cost to buy .... and then choose carefully

Pokemon approach
Build as many as you can. In 12 months you will have 15 variants of tube screamers, 234 muffs, PILL noise things and a shelf of stuff you've not debugged yet...

You have two approaches...

Build what you want, or need approach
Select carefully the sound you're after, find what the best pedal for the sound is, do a quick cost/benefit of cost to build vs cost to buy .... and then choose carefully

Pokemon approach
Build as many as you can. In 12 months you will have 15 variants of tube screamers, 234 muffs, PILL noise things and a shelf of stuff you've not debugged yet...

I only see one true approach here TBH. And the other is a fictional la la land.

Thanks Luke! Appreciate everyone's responses. Looking forward to building a pedal soon. I have some decent soldering skills, what's a good first pedal to build?
My first build had 5 pots and 2 toggle switches (Parthenon). I had not soldered since college, but that was the easy part for me. Getting everything to line up in the enclosure, though... definitely a learning curve there.

Start with something that has minimal external hardware... 2 or 3 pots at the most. Cuss audibly and often until everything fits flush in the box, then get better at drilling. You can work your way up to the builds with multiple gain/clipping switches and too many EQ knobs.

It's probably an older board. On the underside of the board should be the PCB number. Just search for that here.
Where do you search with that number? I've tried that but it hasn't worked. I would like it if the PCB number was searchable on the home page because I often forget what I ordered and find a PCB months later and wonder what it is. Then I have to slowly scroll through the pictures until I find one which matches.

Where do you search with that number? I've tried that but it hasn't worked. I would like it if the PCB number was searchable on the home page because I often forget what I ordered and find a PCB months later and wonder what it is. Then I have to slowly scroll through the pictures until I find one which matches.
Type the number in the store search bar without hitting enter or adding a space after it

Back