Anybody want to show off their build collection?

Good question, it's a bit of a blurry line, but crazy is rather "screaming, in your face to annoying stuff" like a PLL thing and crazy are more "huh, what was that?" sounds, ..., but in the end it probably just depends on my mood of the day where a pedal goes.
It would be weirder to find a tube screamer than a PLL on my shelves. Yats is the weird pedal over here.

Personally, I build models. Remote control scale aircraft models to be specific.
So I utilize a lot of the same techniques to achieve a certain specific look.
Painting is a pain, but sometimes necessary to get the desired look.
Waterslide decals are a pain, but there are tricks to help. In the end though, UV printing would be better.
I do like making the name plates and dial plates though. Gives it that ol' school industrial look.

I dig yer rig @mkstewartesq !

( and I don't go 'round sayin that to just anyone! )
Thank you, @fig - as you may recall, two of the pedals in that setup owe their existence to you - specifically, the matched quad JFETs you supplied for my XC Phase (righthand side of the orange Nuclear Summer pedal) and the Proposition board you gifted me (the red Ultimatum Distortion pedal). So, once again, thank you.

Mike

Last edited:
Fuzzonaut thank you!! Thank you!!
I have absolutely got to do a demo build thread on that one. I am a fuzz fanatic and I assume you are as well.
It is a modified two stick of derm. The jewel gets brighter the "MOAR" you turn the knob! I really like that circuit.

Fuzzonaut thank you!! Thank you you!!
I have absolutely got to do a demo build thread on that one. I am a fuzz fanatic and I assume you are as well.
It is a modified two stick of derm. The jewel gets brighter the "MOAR" you turn the knob! I really like that circuit.
Was the brightening of the jewel the mod you speak of, or was there moar mods than that?

Not sure if I should get into it here but, made it a bit brighter by changing caps, and most importantly for the gimmick of it, Adding a resistor in series with the volume knob to lower the top end db. with changing the pot to a double C taper. This let's it get to unity gain immediately and makes most of the "moar" positions usable. This circuit is so bloody loud in will really slam the preamp in your amplifier.

Back