Anybody want to show off their build collection?

It really started in 2019 for me. A couple of friends showed me the ropes in 2016-2017, but i took my time before actually buying a soldering station.

I might as well show everything, with a few words of explanations. A dozen of them are missing, i lent them to some musicians friends. An other dozen builds has been sold to family and friends.

Everything looking industrial is from the used market or Thomann. Around 16% of my stompboxes, i'd say.

Here are all "not-gain" effects. Compressors (2 on the bottom right), reverbs, modulations, delays, enveloppe filters, etc. CH-1 is modded, of course.
IMG_20231019_020722.jpg

Here are all the rest. Fuzzes are in the top row, bass effects currently out of the pedalboard are on the left.
Vero and perfboards builds at the bottom left : DLS mk.2, BD-2, Rat, Timmy v.1, Distortion H, ZenDrive. Also 360 bass fuzz on the pedal board. I'm especially proud of these builds...real diy circuits. Kits are so easy in comparison, it feels like cheating.
IMG_20231019_020811.jpg

Finally, the circuits currently in use :
IMG_20231019_021416.jpg
It's one of these complex signal routing setup, i guess. I can count 25 circuits, 27 with the splitters at the end of the signal chain.
I've put a circuit with 2 send/return loops, switchable by foot on the floor with an other simple home-made send/return looper. I can switch the 2nd row on or off from the floor. This was bound to be complex, with many circuits...

Bass or guitars are connected to the blue loop station on the floor. It allows me to record a short loop and try things with my hands free.
Then it goes to the red compressor, up on the table (Aion's Meridian w/ bass specs).

At the end of this top row, the signal goes back on the floor to the tin can box next to the blue loop station. It's a passive loop switching circuit with a send/ return that i can turn on and off, unlike the Pro-cessor.

In this send/return, i have connected the Pro-cessor located at the second row (A/B looper, mixer, blender with 2 other send/return). The other circuits at the second row are connected to the Send/returns : 360 + Bass amuser in A, SDT-1 (bass brutalist) + duality fuzz + TS-50 in B.

From the home-made-looper-in-a-can output, the signal goes to the Cream Pie Fuzz on the 3rd row, all the way to the white Aion's Beta Preamp at the end of the 3rd row.

Finally, it goes to the GE-7 on the floor, BBW, Gravitation, Echo-DC, Lithium (EHX Small Clone chorus), Flintlock, and RC-3 loop station.
After that it goes from both RC-3 outputs to 2 splitters, into 2 guitar amps (A) and 2 bass amps (B).

Once you get the bad habit to connect many pedals together, it's difficult to go back to 5 or 6 circuits only... but i try to find the most suited locations for the sensitive circuits like the 360 fuzz, so they will work correctly.
This way i can have 1 single setup for both guitar and bass. When i'm recording guitar and keyboards i plugg the last circuit into the RC-3 input A, and B for Bass and drum track.

I'm playing bass these days, and i want to be able to change the fuzz character in action, turning the Pro-cessor mix control fully, while playing a single note...and cut the fuzz at will with my foot. There are several guitar circuits because i like to try various combinations to find a good match with the bass, without spending time connecting and unconnecting things.

I know it's not the best recording setup, i'd need a mixing console or something, but it'll do for now.

Last edited:
It really started in 2019 for me. A couple of friends showed me the ropes in 2016-2017, but i took my time before actually buying a soldering station.

I might as well show everything, with a few words of explanations. A dozen of them are missing, i lent them to some musicians friends. An other dozen builds has been sold to family and friends.

Everything looking industrial is from the used market or Thomann. Around 16% of my stompboxes, i'd say.

Here are all "not-gain" effects. Compressors (2 on the bottom right), reverbs, modulations, delays, enveloppe filters, etc. CH-1 is modded, of course.
View attachment 58694

Here are all the rest. Fuzzes are in the top row, bass effects currently out of the pedalboard are on the left.
Vero and perfboards builds at the bottom left : DLS mk.2, BD-2, Rat, Timmy v.1, Distortion H, ZenDrive. Also 360 bass fuzz on the pedal board. I'm especially proud of these builds...real diy circuits. Kits are so easy in comparison, it feels like cheating.
View attachment 58695

Finally, the circuits currently in use :
View attachment 58696
It's one of these complex signal routing setup, i guess. I can count 25 circuits, 27 with the splitters at the end of the signal chain.
I've put a circuit with 2 send/return loops, switchable by foot on the floor with an other simple home-made send/return looper. I can switch the 2nd row on or off from the floor. This was bound to be complex, with many circuits...

Bass or guitars are connected to the blue loop station on the floor. It allows me to record a short loop and try things with my hands free.
Then it goes to the red compressor, up on the table (Aion's Meridian w/ bass specs).

At the end of this top row, the signal goes back on the floor to the tin can box next to the blue loop station. It's a passive loop switching circuit with a send/ return that i can turn on and off, unlike the Pro-cessor.

In this send/return, i have connected the Pro-cessor located at the second row (A/B looper, mixer, blender with 2 other send/return). The other circuits at the second row are connected to the Send/returns : 360 + Bass amuser in A, SDT-1 (bass brutalist) + duality fuzz + TS-50 in B.

From the home-made-looper-in-a-can output, the signal goes to the Cream Pie Fuzz on the 3rd row, all the way to the white Aion's Beta Preamp at the end of the 3rd row.

Finally, it goes to the GE-7 on the floor, BBW, Gravitation, Echo-DC, Lithium (EHX Small Clone chorus), Flintlock, and RC-3 loop station.
After that it goes from both RC-3 outputs to 2 splitters, into 2 guitar amps (A) and 2 bass amps (B).

Once you get the bad habit to connect many pedals together, it's difficult to go back to 5 or 6 circuits only... but i try to find the most suited locations for the sensitive circuits like the 360 fuzz, so they will work correctly.
This way i can have 1 single setup for both guitar and bass. When i'm recording guitar and keyboards i plugg the last circuit into the RC-3 input A, and B for Bass and drum track.

I'm playing bass these days, and i want to be able to change the fuzz character in action, turning the Pro-cessor mix control fully, while playing a single note...and cut the fuzz at will with my foot. There are several guitar circuits because i like to try various combinations to find a good match with the bass, without spending time connecting and unconnecting things.

I know it's not the best recording setup, i'd need a mixing console or something, but it'll do for now.
I love all the hand-paint art in there!

WTF just happened?!?! Was that real?
Part of me absolutely loves your whole room, ot is an amazing display of an amazing collection! The other part of me knows you need an intervention...
Needs someone to help him at least or he'll never see the end of it

Anything for you!
It's kind of insane :ROFLMAO: and I love it ! I like how everything is organized!
I think the organization is what keeps me from going insane.
WTF just happened?!?! Was that real?
Part of me absolutely loves your whole room, ot is an amazing display of an amazing collection! The other part of me knows you need an intervention...
Pedals Anonymous! I am Dan and I have a problem.
Needs someone to help him at least or he'll never see the end of it
Is there ever an end in sight?
I want your room @jjjimi84
And it wants you, come on over @Harry Klippton

I feel kinda stupid posting these since everyone else's art is so good, but you have to start somewhere I guess! Here's my DIY live setup (first show with it next Friday!!!), my first protoboard build that looks AND sounds decent, the case for that build, and an earlier version of it that I built with PCBs

Edit: too large to post the box for the protoboard build but it's generic lol

Edit 2: Left to right is a Deep Blue Delay kit from StompBoxParts, a PedalPCB Muffler, a Ge Distortion+ using a PCB from Hammond Toneworks, a v1.4 OCD from Hammond Toneworks, a PedalPCB Circulator, and what amounts to a ToneBender with an adjustable input gain.

Attachments

• PXL_20230923_051502493.jpg
    PXL_20230923_051502493.jpg
    881.5 KB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20230927_065328812.jpg
    PXL_20230927_065328812.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20230910_235111848.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20230910_235111848.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I feel kinda stupid posting these since everyone else's art is so good, but you have to start somewhere I guess! Here's my DIY live setup (first show with it next Friday!!!), my first protoboard build that looks AND sounds decent, the case for that build, and an earlier version of it that I built with PCBs

Edit: too large to post the box for the protoboard build but it's generic lol
You're absolutely right that you do have to start somewhere. Just keep going

Back