Anyone familiar with FV1 and EEPROM programming?

Preverb

I was wondering about the preprogrammed chips. For those that are knowledgeable in this area, I was wondering if algorithms can be extracted from existing pedals and loaded up? The neunaber wet reverb is an FV1 pedal from what I remember. I am pretty sure there are multiple delays and verbs based an FV1 layout. It would be awesome to have the wet alogrithm paired with a good delay. Just wondering if this has been done already?

The program is loaded onto a 24LC32A chip, which is read/write. If the chip is in a socket, you should be able to remove it and read using a CH431A programmer.

It can be done technically (not necessarily legally), but compatibility depends on the analog circuit surrounding the FV-1 IC.

The algorithm will run, but some designs may have a different signal path, mix circuit, filtering, etc. The Arachnid/Pythagoras circuits use the Left In and Left Out of the FV-1 IC, some algorithms may be designed for a different combination (or both).

For example, the DMD-2 uses the Right input as a feedback path and the Left and Right outputs to blend the modulation into the signal. The Organ Donor uses the Left and Right inputs (for dual octaves) and internally mixes them together. The Deflector Reverb also uses both channels.

Each of these algorithms will run on a generic FV-1 circuit, but they won't behave properly because the surrounding circuit isn't designed for them.

I guess this is where I saw big potential in the FV1 project here. It would be great if it was possible to combine a few of my fav verbs and delays from different companies into one pedal. (Unless someone is a superstar and can write better algos than what is already out there.)

I would have thought that the Neunaber wet algorithm would be fine on its own. There have been like 5 versions of that pedal and some were just mono. But I can understand about the circuit design being relevant. In fact, I can see that this might be where many pedal makers would be trying to make changes to their designs so that it is not possible to make their algorithms work on other platforms.

I guess this is where I saw big potential in the FV1 project here. It would be great if it was possible to combine a few of my fav verbs and delays from different companies into one pedal. (Unless someone is a superstar and can write better algos than what is already out there.)

I would have thought that the Neunaber wet algorithm would be fine on its own. There have been like 5 versions of that pedal and some were just mono. But I can understand about the circuit design being relevant. In fact, I can see that this might be where many pedal makers would be trying to make changes to their designs so that it is not possible to make their algorithms work on other platforms.
Mr. PCB does offer a custom EEPROM with whatever eight algorithms you want on one.

Back