Astro Flange (MadBean Current Lover)

mkstewartesq

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Well, to be honest, I had never heard of the Electric Mistress (of course, I had heard it on tons of my favorite songs but never knew that this pedal was responsible for it). When I embarked on this pedal building journey in the beginning of 2023, a good friend advised me on what types of pedals I should build to fill out my board. His strongest recommendation was the Electric Mistress running at 18 V -l so when @MichaelW built his Current Lover and shared a demo, both my friend and I were blown away. @Fingolfen ‘s build was also an inspiration and I thank him for sharing his drilling template with me and some related build advice.

I am currently building one as part of a two in one build (I’ll share that build when it’s complete) - but to thank my friend for all his help, I decided to build a second one for him. In addition to guitars and effects, he’s kind of nuts about the Houston Astros so we went with that theme for the enclosure.

Just finished this tonight and will ship it out to him Monday. I will admit that the calibration instructions were a bit on the vague side, and that was made even a little more mind-bendy when the trim pots are positioned upside down on the board - but I think it’s pretty close and I might tweak it a bit more before it goes out.

Thanks for looking.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_9008.jpeg
    IMG_9008.jpeg
    620.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9009.jpeg
    IMG_9009.jpeg
    529.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Back