EHX Electric mistress (MBP current lover)

drgonzo1969

This was my first Madbean pcb I built. I’m late to the party hahaha. I built my Current lover to run at 18v. I couldn’t have built this one without the help of @MichaelW. I couldn’t find any voltage regulators at the time. Tayda and everyone else was sold out but @MichaelW came to rescue. He also generously dropped a few extra pcbs in with the regulators. Thank you very much @MichaelW. So I didn’t do any mods to the circuit. It’s a straight up 18v Current Lover. This thing sounds incredibly lush compared to my MXR flanger. Plus I love the matrix setting for a non modulating flanger sound. I will try and get a demo up in the next couple weeks but you guys know what this one sounds like haha. I did the artwork in Microsoft paint and printed on a clear waterslide decal. I may change up the knobs. Any suggestions? Thanks again @MichaelW for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_1268.jpeg
    IMG_1268.jpeg
    524.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1271.jpeg
    IMG_1271.jpeg
    480.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1272.jpeg
    IMG_1272.jpeg
    574.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1280.jpeg
    IMG_1280.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 63
Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that's a waterslide. The color separation is great! Very tasty looking build. If you can find them, the original black hatbox knobs always look great with a big nod to the original EHX look. I like those knobs you have though, they don't detract from the artwork.

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that's a waterslide. The color separation is great! Very tasty looking build. If you can find them, the original black hatbox knobs always look great with a big nod to the original EHX look. I like those knobs you have though, they don't detract from the artwork.
Thanks! I was super careful when applying the waterslide. I screwed up two previous decals stretching them while I was trying to get the air bubbles out. I will look into finding some of those black hat knobs.
I really dig that artwork. Nice job!
Thank you! I’m honored you dig it. I’m building the Skoolie next!

This was my first Madbean pcb I built. I’m late to the party hahaha. I built my Current lover to run at 18v. I couldn’t have built this one without the help of @MichaelW. I couldn’t find any voltage regulators at the time. Tayda and everyone else was sold out but @MichaelW came to rescue. He also generously dropped a few extra pcbs in with the regulators. Thank you very much @MichaelW. So I didn’t do any mods to the circuit. It’s a straight up 18v Current Lover. This thing sounds incredibly lush compared to my MXR flanger. Plus I love the matrix setting for a non modulating flanger sound. I will try and get a demo up in the next couple weeks but you guys know what this one sounds like haha. I did the artwork in Microsoft paint and printed on a clear waterslide decal. I may change up the knobs. Any suggestions? Thanks again @MichaelW for your help!
Always happy to help! That looks freaking awesome! Out of all the flangers I've built, this is the one that stays in my chain. I like the more chorus-y sound and a bit less "swoosh" than the other flangers.

Back