Awful Waffle / Crowther Hotcake / PCB151

scheffehcs

I was interested in this pedal because one of my favorite guitarists, Jeff Parker, uses it as his main drive pedal. It was a quick and easy build. Can’t say I’m too stoked on it though - when sustaining notes it kind of fizzles out, and when the drive is up high, it loses a lot of high end. Maybe just not a good match with my set up right now, I’d like to try it on some different amps.

I really did the aesthetic of your pedals. I think you found something really unique.
Thanks, seen a couple people doing something similar. It’s borne out of laziness. Half the time I’ll stamp the powder coat and it will chip, so when that happens I just sand down the whole top.

The hot cake definitely rolls off a lot of high end as you turn the gain up - I think Crowther originally designed it to complement the Split Enz' AC30s, which already would've had plenty of treble to spare.

The hot cake definitely rolls off a lot of high end as you turn the gain up - I think Crowther originally designed it to complement the Split Enz' AC30s, which already would've had plenty of treble to spare.
Gotcha, I’ll bring it in to work and try it out on an AC30. Thanks!

Back