Basic latching relay and power supplies

Diynot

Used the basic latching relay switching on a commissioned build I recently passed to the “customer”. He told me (and sent a video) that if he leaves the pedals (2 in 1 build) on and kills the power at the board, when he turns the board back on (even after 24hrs) the LEDs on the pedal will be off, but the pedal will still be engaged. Pulling the power from the back of the pedal instead gives the expected results, no power, relay resets to off. He is using a voodoo labs pedal power and I was using a 1spot in my testing. I did not come across this. Any thoughts, or any one experience anything similar?

Double checking Q2-Q3 and C3 orientation would be my first stop.
If you ordered the Kemet EA2-5SNJ DPDT relay, those have to be reset. I don't believe they auto reset on power loss.
If I'm reading the schem right, that's inverted by the Q2 Q3 junction and commanded by the 555. Not sure about the LED.
Everything works as normal when powered on?
What happens if they turn the pedal off, then cycle power? Normal operation?

Double checking Q2-Q3 and C3 orientation would be my first stop.
If you ordered the Kemet EA2-5SNJ DPDT relay, those have to be reset. I don't believe they auto reset on power loss.
If I'm reading the schem right, that's inverted by the Q2 Q3 junction and commanded by the 555. Not sure about the LED.
Everything works as normal when powered on?
What happens if they turn the pedal off, then cycle power? Normal operation?
Everything works as expected aside from the aforementioned behavior. In testing I always turned the pedal off before powering down and everything was as expected (off) when powering back up. I ordered the relays along with the boards from PPCB. If the relay truly doesn’t reset upon power loss, I guess that would explain it.

The Latching module should reset the relay at power on.
What happens if the relay receives a diminishing current at power loss say from a discharging capacitor in the power supply (conjecture based upon the fact that the behavior seems to only happen when plugged into his voodoo labs pedal power)?

Back