Blitz Fuzz (Muffin Fuzz)

steviejr92

Authorized Vendor
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Hi everyone!

So heres my BMP. I dont think this circuit need an introduction. Its one of the most popular pedals out there and fuzzes period. I already own the rams head version the Big Monk Pi which is @Big Monk pedal. I knew i didnt want to build the same so i went with the civilian build. Which i believe is the civil war version. Ive heard the Sovtek Civil war Big Muff before and loved it.

So as for the build itself, its very simple. Like i mentioned above i went with the civilian version. I had to make a few substitutes for the 390r resistors. I went with 470r respectively. I was going to keep this build stock but last second i decided to make D3 and D4 germanium with D9Js. The result is a very "bassy" distortion! I say distortion because after playing the FF this isnt as harsh. Again this is all probably as a direct result to using the Ge diodes. I would call it unique in the way it sounds. There are some hints of Big Muff in there. If you use a boost after this thing you can get ALOT of sustain and compression and make it sound more like a normal Big Muff. Shoutout to @Chuck D. Bones for sending me a link to those connectors for the DC jack. It makes assembly and disassembly a breeze. I highly recommend them!

All in all im happy with my decision to put Ge diodes in here. I feel it gives a warm distortion like tone, that when pushed with a boost can get creamy, buzz saw like sustain. I highly recommend any Big Muff circuit. The next one i want to build would have to be the Triangle version which i believe is the very first. 5 out of 5!

Thank you for reading!
Steve

IMG-1333.jpg

IMG-1334.jpg

IMG-1335.jpg

IMG-1336.jpg

Sweet looking. good knob choice with the clean graphics.

and smooth driving relay switching...
Thank you sir! The relay bypass has been a game changer for me. There’s nothing special I just like the way it feels to push down. I also like that they have those momentary spdt foot switches in a rounded top finish. So I guess It’s a luxury thing but I dig it.

I built a TH Customs Tube Driver which has one. and I've got a few commercial pedals that have them.

It does feel kinda cool. I get the attraction.

I would, but the pcb would hide all my fancy 3PDT wiring and take up valuable marble space...

I would, but the pcb would hide all my fancy 3PDT wiring and take up valuable marble space...
There has to be a way to incorporate one of these into your build. Think of it this way instead of 3pdt wiring it’s a whole other board we get to look at to compliment all that hard work. 😃

Luxury plus the added originality of your spherical LEDs and the awesome etched artwork could really pay off…just saying 😉

There has to be a way to incorporate one of these into your build. Think of it this way instead of 3pdt wiring it’s a whole other board we get to look at to compliment all that hard work. 😃

Luxury plus the added originality of your spherical LEDs and the awesome etched artwork could really pay off…just saying 😉

Maybe I can find relays with gem encrusted covers... or like knitted tea cozys....

@steviejr92 Killer artwork! How did you get it to look sort of animated like that? I really dig that style.
It’s all vectorized in adobe illustrator. If you have the time one day I can certainly walk you through it. It’s really easy man before you know it you’re going to have that animated look yourself!

The Civil War BMP is one of my favorites, and a bit underrated. I prefer it to the Green Russian…it’s creamier and fuller.

Have to agree. Especially with the Ge diodes in there. I want to do a 2 in 1 with the Green Russian and Civil War together. Maybe put an order switch in there.

Back