Boneyard delegate ratio not working

I built the delegate boneyard. PXL_20240408_235647479.jpg
I have finally got a looper pedal so I could record something and then tinker with the pedal...all controls except Ratio seem to be working.
I've tried lots of combinations of the pots and playing but no difference where the Ratio is set.
Now, I'm by no means a guitar god, and frankly don't necessarily know shit about what I'm building, just figured a compressor would be something I didn't have.

I have been testing with a Tayda LDR and a GL5516 I got from pedalpcb - no difference. Tried a 5mm green led and a yellow one, when it's plugged in I measured the resistance on the LDR and it is moving, was below 10k in full light and when I shade it it does go higher. same with the pins on ratio potentiometer, when I spin the pot it changes the resistance reading on my multimeter...even swapped in a tl072, got sound but nothing from ratio pot.
I know this is meant to be a subtle compressor, and I'm not going to claim to have great ears...maybe if someone could even tell me a combination of the other pots I should use that should give me a less than subtle difference from the ratio pot and I would know its working?

I haven't tested it in full darkness, but I can tell a significant volume difference between playing with the lid on the enclosure and the lid off so I assume the LDR & LED are doing something.

Back